Our valued sponsor

Open a company in EU market without travel

indexomega

May 4, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I'm from Argentina and I've been looking for options to open a software company in the EU.
My situation is the following:
* I sell software as a service to companies mostly in Europe.
* Income currently is not big (~1000 USD monthly) but I plan to expand it in the coming year.
* I prefer the EU since most of my clients/potential-clients are from there I understand it would be more trustworthy if client's data is handled in a EU company under EU law.
* I currently cannot travel due to the COVID-19 situation and I'm not sure how much time more I'd have to wait. My country originally planned to open its borders in September but I'm skeptical. Also, most countries have mandatory self-quarantine on arrival but I want to avoid staying 14-days in a hotel.

I think Estonia might be the best option for newbie entrepreneurs. I've already applied to e-residency but I need to travel to pick it up. I chose the Netherlands as pickup location and plan to travel in October but I'm not sure I'd be able to.

Any ideas which countries will allow me to set up a company without travel? I'm looking for a place where incorporation is not too expensive (<$1000 if possible) and I don't care much about taxes if they're not inhumane (I'm ok with <30% CIT).

I'm also open to consider a non-eu country like the UK, New Zealand or the US. But I'm not sure how easy will be to move to an EU country afterwards.

You can register a UK company and get an EMI. That will suffice until you can get over to the UK. Since payments are not large and monthly this will build credibility with the bank.

Last edited by a moderator:
@JustAnotherNomad how would rate Estonia over Bulgaria and Romania which also have been discussed here many times before?

He wrote that his revenue is low. In Estonia, everything can be done online, in English. In Bulgaria or Romania, you’d have to pay an accountant for everything, as far as I know. With such low revenues, a few percent more or less in taxes don’t mean much.
And there is no Estonian tax on salaries anyway.

He wrote EU though...
I think Estonia would probably be a good option - not the lowest taxes, but easy to run from anywhere. Maybe you can set up the company with the help of a notary somehow. Then later you could still manage with your e-residency.
Depending on where his clients are a UK LLC would suffice. Just need to ensure he has no UK clients paying him to make it fully tax efficient.

Last edited:
Reactions: Agrant
UK much better than Estonia. Still in the EU until December - not that it will make any difference after. There are much more services providers that serve UK.

Also, Estonia requires travel - you need to travel to get that e-resident card at some Estonian embassy somewhere, or it is not the case anymore?

Is a UK Ltd still a good option if you want to make business in EU? What about after December?
As much as they are saying they will make it difficult the EU is in such a mess that they can't.
France ang Germany are pushing one way the rest of Europe in another.

E-commerce can not be stopped. You will be fine

Reactions: bibing

Latest Threads