Our valued sponsor

Open personal bank account in Georgia remotely

There are a few around and since you have access to the mentor group, then check the link in my signature there you can find one at least which takes reasonable fee's!

Reactions: jonesey2324fw
Reactions: JohnLocke
For $100 or more you can get it, but you need power of attorney from a notary from both your passport issuer country and Georgia, send a certified copy and so on... which IMO sucks if you hate paperwork and dealing with the old school guys.

Flying there is not that expensive unless you are in South America or Southern Asia. You can have your personal bank account open in 30 minutes in Tbilisi. It's the best banking experience ever (besides fintech).

For banking, I recommend TBC. Big bank, easy to setup, good customer support, easy to use mobile app and digital banking.

Flying there is not that expensive unless you are in South America or Southern Asia. You can have your personal bank account open in 30 minutes in Tbilisi. It's the best banking experience ever (besides fintech).

For banking, I recommend TBC. Big bank, easy to setup, good customer support, easy to use mobile app and digital banking.
How secure would you rate Georgia to be for such business activity? I mean personal security.

How secure would you rate Georgia to be for such business activity? I mean personal security.
Georgia is completely safe. Don't go around professing western morals and ethics in public and nobody will be against you. Georgians are very kind and simple people. Quite a lot of affordable whores and erotic massage shops as well although they're not on Google maps for some reason

Georgia is completely safe. Don't go around professing western morals and ethics in public and nobody will be against you. Georgians are very kind and simple people. Quite a lot of affordable whores and erotic massage shops as well although they're not on Google maps for some reason

And it's similar to Russia - if you want to get the deals done in an easier way, do it with vodka and sauna. Right? :)

Reactions: extremedox101
Quite a lot of affordable whores and erotic massage shops as well although they're not on Google maps for some reason

Geeza come on now...........I mean affordability is subjective.

Hey, how's it going Martin? I saw your comments about Georgia. You still think Georgia is a bad place to bank? I was looking to set it and forget it, to diversify and for long term security.

For diversification of assets it is ok I actually do deep down like Georgian banks and have had a good experience with them. For long term security lol....forget it. The country was at war with Russia just over 10 years ago (2008) and tensions are still there. You can't setup an account there and forget about it at all.

For diversification of assets it is ok I actually do deep down like Georgian banks and have had a good experience with them.
So you would still setup something there for that reason. But long term strategy is not in Georgia if I understand you correct. Good to know.

So you would still setup something there for that reason. But long term strategy is not in Georgia if I understand you correct. Good to know.

That is correct.

As long as people realize that every bank there and Georgia itself are junk rated by all credit agencies you have nothing more to worry about.

This. And it won't change until Kremlin is as it is now. The situation in Georgia could change overnight (not saying it will, but it could).

Thats what made my hop on a plane to sort out my banking affairs over there - plus I am registered as local over there meaning I had to walk into a branch to break a deposit. It may have been a rash move as things have calmed down since but if you sleep on these countries for just 5 minutes you may wake up and find Georgia is now part of Russia like Crimea.

For diversification of assets it is ok I actually do deep down like Georgian banks and have had a good experience with them. For long term security lol....forget it. The country was at war with Russia just over 10 years ago (2008) and tensions are still there. You can't setup an account there and forget about it at all.

Thanks Martin. Is there a better place to bank nearby? How about Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Macedonia?

Where do you get your information from to keep your money safe in Georgia? (to move it somewhere else in time)

Latest Threads