Our valued sponsor

Opening offshore account

mrg1980

Dec 1, 2021
uk
Visit site
Hi Guys, I’m looking for some info/help on opening an offshore bank account. I live in the uk but work 90% out the country for a Dutch company as a contractor. Basically I want my invoices paid straight into a offshore account without having it paid into a ltd company in uk?
Any suggestions?

Reactions: boomy
Open an account with a neobank like Wise, Paysera and what else they are. Search the forum for EMI and Neobank, there are tons of them here.

also check

Hi Guys, I’m looking for some info/help on opening an offshore bank account. I live in the uk but work 90% out the country for a Dutch company as a contractor. Basically I want my invoices paid straight into a offshore account without having it paid into a ltd company in uk?
Any suggestions?
Open an account with a neobank like Wise, Paysera and what else they are. Search the forum for EMI and Neobank, there are tons of them here.

also check
Hi, thanks for reply. I’m already using wise business for my ltd company in uk. Reason I was asking was for uk tax purposes

Hi - I am of the impression that aince your work ie carries outaide the UK for a non UK client tou could qualify for an exemption to the UK CFC rules. This could allow you to set up somewhere offshore and be employed in that company. You must first agree with your client that he is willing to pay you offshore. Of course the CFC part and your tax position should be properly assessed as you do not want to plqy eith these things.

So your effective place of management is UK. That's Corporate Tax then Personal.

If you want to go down the offshore route then you need to set up a real office with workers actually doing something. Then pay yourself a salary and retain profit. Bare in mind the management and day to day running of the business MUST be outside the UK.
Google Controlled Foreign Corporation, Effective Place of Management and Permanent Establishment rules.

So your effective place of management is UK. That's Corporate Tax then Personal.

If you want to go down the offshore route then you need to set up a real office with workers actually doing something. Then pay yourself a salary and retain profit. Bare in mind the management and day to day running of the business MUST be outside the UK.
Google Controlled Foreign Corporation, Effective Place of Management and Permanent Establishment rules.
Hi, thanks for reply. I’ll google that and find out more.

Hi, thanks for reply. I’ll google that and find out more

hi, just checked up on the rules seems a little complicated can you tell me some info on how I could go about setting this up ?

Last edited:
Cyprus is a good option but there is accounting costs as well.

UAE is about the same but no accounting and only 1 day in the UAE every 180 days.

US LLC is a lot cheaper but it’s just the US is hard work if they make enquiries. No minimum time required at all in the US.

I’m not sure about obtaining tax residency in Cyprus but for UAE we will be required to stay there for at least 6 months for tax residency. With utility bills and local day to day spending.

I’m not sure about obtaining tax residency in Cyprus but for UAE we will be required to stay there for at least 6 months for tax residency. With utility bills and local day to day spending.
Ok I couldn’t do 6 months in UAE. Regarding 1 day every 180 days in UAE I could do that no problem. What’s the info for that? Would I need to be there for 6 months initially?

Any suggestions?
what would be the problem doing so... can't get an eye on it?