Our valued sponsor

Protecting your privacy with a offshore company, how to?

plotoffshore

Corporate Services
Business Angel
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
How to protect your privacy with a offshore company safely.

The most important is to avoid to get your passport copy and utility bill out to any agency who will require it.

What you may want is to find someone who can open the company for you in his name, typically 3rd country people can be used for such where you can get their documents for almost nothing. Once you have it, you use these docs to get your company and bank account opened.

If you accomplished to the the documents it's best to use a Seychelles or Belize company for your activity for additional privacy and to make it more impossible to retrieve owner data of the company and bank account.

Good luck to all of you :)

Thank you very much for suggestions and sharing your opinions. This is very helpful for all of us who does not know how to get started with their offshore company and banking needs. I have been totally confused about all of this until I found this forum, their helpful users and Admin.. Very appreciated. Seems I landed the right place. Thank you all.

I'm glad to read that you found this forum to be helpful for what you were looking for. Actually it would be much appreciated and help others if you can post back here once you found the right solution for your offshore company formation needs.

Well, it doesn't matter if you have to send a passport copy and utility bill to your agent, what matters is how they handle it and where they are located and how many court orders it takes to get the docs revealed to any authority!! As long as you are not into any funny business or business which isn't legit it can't be any problem to provide such docs. Since a offshore company is a powerfull entity to conduct business it's very important in certain cases to have such docs available for an agent.

Okay but if you have to send such documents to the Agent who is incorporating the company how can you stay anonymous? and how is your privacy protected and granted all the time? I just ask to be sure that this is actually working as Im expecting it.

Reactions: lavel
If you have something to hide you will need to use a proxy!! Always a proxy. So what is a proxy?! It means a middle man or entity that will act on behalf of you and whos only name appears when incorporating your offshore company! Such a person could be a Mexican or Brasilien guy whos want to earn a few bugs for his living and actually holds a valid passport. Pretty easy to get in touch with them.. If something goes wrong you will be fine and the guy never mind.

I don't have something to hide just want my privacy and possibly anonymity! Do you know if it is required to both have a trust and foundation or just one of these entities? Will they need to be offshore or could the foundation be in the UK or other place in Europe?

Reactions: lavel
I don't have something to hide just want my privacy and possibly anonymity! Do you know if it is required to both have a trust and foundation or just one of these entities? Will they need to be offshore or could the foundation be in the UK or other place in Europe?
If you don't have anything to hide then you should not have problems to provide a passport copy and utility bill :)

Must always be offshore. Exception is Cyprus who have some great trust laws in place. Otherwise I would setup my Trust or Foundation either in the Seychelles or Mauritius!

Reactions: Spinat
Must always be offshore. Exception is Cyprus who have some great trust laws in place. Otherwise I would setup my Trust or Foundation either in the Seychelles or Mauritius!
I agree, Mauritius company may be a stable setup as well and trusted the same goes for HK and Panama companies!

Reactions: alain
What about privacy and the mentioned jurisdiction, do they grant the same level or are they different? What jurisdiction will protect your personal data the most from being revealet?

For now, 2014 it seems the Seychelles, Nevis and Mauritius are the offshore jurisdictions to go for maximum privacy and asset protection. This could eventually change during the next years, so to be safeguarded a Trust or Foundation will protect you more than 100 years in the future.

Reactions: alain and Spinat
For now' date=' 2014 it seems the Seychelles, Nevis and Mauritius are the offshore jurisdictions to go for maximum privacy and asset protection. This could eventually change during the next years, so to be safeguarded a Trust or Foundation will protect you more than 100 years in the future.[/quote']
The laws change instantly and with OECD paramount try to get rid of all the tax heavens and offshore jurisdictions things are changing constantly and one need to do some homework to structure or restructure their offshore company setup. Depending on what it is one tries to archieve.

Reactions: JohnLocke
The laws change instantly and with OECD paramount try to get rid of all the tax heavens and offshore jurisdictions things are changing constantly and one need to do some homework to structure or restructure their offshore company setup. Depending on what it is one tries to archieve.
Indeed OECD isn't going to make things better, with the latest impact they had in Switzerland and some of the other offshore jurisdictions it's going to be harder to find a solid and working setup to avoid paying taxes.

For now' date=' 2014 it seems the Seychelles, Nevis and Mauritius are the offshore jurisdictions to go for maximum privacy and asset protection. This could eventually change during the next years, so to be safeguarded a Trust or Foundation will protect you more than 100 years in the future.[/quote']
The trust and foundation model may be the setup the will last for a long time or even for ever. It's just the high setup fee that stops me for rolling out such a big setup.

What you may want is to find someone who can open the company for you in his name, typically 3rd country people can be used for such where you can get their documents for almost nothing. Once you have it, you use these docs to get your company and bank account opened.
It's going to be difficult when you have to comply to International KYC and DD policies.

Reactions: alain and lavel

Latest Threads