Our valued sponsor

Id say around $ 10k/month. 5 is on the low end. Its not even 20k aed which disappear very fast.

Yes, AT LEAST $10k/mo... easy.... this is living comfortably in Dubai, not scraping by...

$3-4k/mo for a 1bedroom in JBR/Marina or Downtown
$1-2k/mo on food
$500-1k/mo on transport

Plus anything else you want to do, this is the bare baseline

Yes, AT LEAST $10k/mo... easy.... this is living comfortably in Dubai, not scraping by...

$3-4k/mo for a 1bedroom in JBR/Marina or Downtown
$1-2k/mo on food
$500-1k/mo on transport

Plus anything else you want to do, this is the bare baseline
Yes, for the extra party and highlife stuff or travelling around a lot, you need to add.

With 120k$ per Year your effective Tax Rate with a Dubai Freezone Company would be 0% - no matter what.

First 100k$ are Tax Free and the 20k$ you can payout as a Salary - it would be a even a joke of a salary.

So you have upside potential by paying yourself a 60k AED Salary + 10K AED Allowance per month - you can get easily 300k$ per year Tax Free out - not to mention the benefits of a Tax Free Residence on the Personal Income Level - no Capital Gain Tax either.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I give the above example anyway only because that's the majority opinion of the forum members actually - in reality Affiliate Marketing is not mentioned on the Excluded Activity List - which is a finished List of Activities and therefore Affiliate Marketing remain 0% as a Business Activity within the scope of Qualifying Income.

Again if you or whoever sees this different - stick to above mentioned example - no matter what - you can pull out 300k$ Tax Free which would mean a 3X on your current Business Earnings - at 0% Tax - not that bad.
Point 3.2 Low Margin Business Case Study – “Worst-Case Tax”

I think if you are making less than $300-500k/yr in Dubai, it might not even be worth it though. Due to such high cost of living. Unless you're willing to grind it out at a 35m2 studio for $1k/mo. You'll be paying tax indirectly in everything else. $60 for a round trip Uber to the mall, $50 per meal out (for a single person) etc. To live a decent life, 1-2 bedrooms, eat out whenever you want etc, you'll easily spend $20k/mo here in Dubai vs $5k/mo in SEA or something.

Open to reasons why this might be incorrect way of thinking...
So, in your opinion it's not worth the hassle to open a company if I'm making less than $300k on a year? Even though I plan to live in Asia?

Company might be OK, but living in Dubai will cost a lot. Where do you want to live in Asia?
These are high numbers you guys are talking!

I've got a massive brand new 2 bed apartment, big balcony looking over Dubai, infinity pool on roof, front line looking over the gulf - only 81,000 AED/yr. Great area, loads of amenities and the metro is 100 yrds from front door. Return to Dubai mall 20aed in gold class.

I eat out every night trying all the local restaurants, don't get food poisoning too often lol, maybe 50-75 aed max on food a day. Weekends I'll go to a nice restaurant in old town or something.

I'm living well tbh, better than UK standards, maybe all-in on typically $3500/mo including dewa, empower and Al fanar.

And my tax free salary and company profits left over buys me investments. Nice investments :)

You don't have to live an Instagram life out here is all I'm saying. Depends on priorities.

These are high numbers you guys are talking!

I've got a massive brand new 2 bed apartment, big balcony looking over Dubai, infinity pool on roof, front line looking over the gulf - only 81,000 AED/yr. Great area, loads of amenities and the metro is 100 yrds from front door. Return to Dubai mall 20aed in gold class.

I eat out every night trying all the local restaurants, don't get food poisoning too often lol, maybe 50-75 aed max on food a day. Weekends I'll go to a nice restaurant in old town or something.

I'm living well tbh, better than UK standards, maybe all-in on typically $3500/mo including dewa, empower and Al fanar.

And my tax free salary and company profits left over buys me investments. Nice investments :)

You don't have to live an Instagram life out here is all I'm saying. Depends on priorities.
Can only agree with this and know that @Au999 is living here in Dubai.

It's not a bad idea to have his Business and Financial Center in Dubai while living in South East Asia however - I had this conversation here already plenty of times - you guys here are quoting prices as if someone could only live in 5 Star Address Hotel at a Prime Location.

In reality if you are going a bit away from JBR, Marina and Palm Jumeirah it's still very affordable if you compare it like @Au999 with the UK.

There is a reason why still so many clients from the UK and Canada coming right now.

How can I employ myself? Like what would be the setup?

Maybe next year before renewal - I just setup-ed and got my visa less than a month ago. I don’t want to pay another 16-20K AED for this again.

Will it be easy to migrate the company to another freezone with the same name, banking .. etc?
No - you can't easily migrate an existing Freezone Company to another Freezone especially in another Emirate.

You need to close down the current one and setup a new one.

I know it's hard but all this small Emirate Freezones and Cheap Cheap screamer selling Investor Residence Visas as something better are now gonna face heavy issues being confrontated with the truth.

We are actually facing most propably the biggest washout ever in the UAE Corporate Service Provider / Freezone environment which is - even if it's hard for us as well - one of the best things ever happened. All these bulls**t talkers gonna disappear till the end of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: troubled soul
No - you can't easily migrate an existing Freezone Company to another Freezone especially in another Emirate.

You need to close down the current one and setup a new one.

I know it's hard but all this small Emirate Freezones and Cheap Cheap screamer selling Investor Residence Visas as something better are now gonna face heavy issues being confrontated with the truth.

We are actually facing most propably the biggest washout ever in the UAE Corporate Service Provider / Freezone environment which is - even if it's hard for us as well - one of the best things ever happened. All these bulls**t talkers gonna disappear till the end of the year.
Thanks Fred!

Since I just got it setup-ed very recently, I will just use it till the end of this year - then on February (before renewal on May), I will contact you to make a plan to migrate to Dubai and move all our banking to there as well with the new license and resident visa. Unless you have a different recommendation.

Reactions: Fred
Thanks Fred!

Since I just got it setup-ed very recently, I will just use it till the end of this year - then on February (before renewal on May), I will contact you to make a plan to migrate to Dubai and move all our banking to there as well with the new license and resident visa. Unless you have a different recommendation.
That's fine and not a big deal.

Much more clarifty should be ou by then anyway - speak then!

Reactions: mostafak
I've got a massive brand new 2 bed apartment, big balcony looking over Dubai, infinity pool on roof, front line looking over the gulf - only 81,000 AED/yr. Great area, loads of amenities and the metro is 100 yrds from front door.

Which area? Usually you have a lot of noise in more affordable areas, either from construction or traffic, or both.
That said, 81k isn't really cheap either for the quality that you get in Dubai...

Which area? Usually you have a lot of noise in more affordable areas, either from construction or traffic, or both.
That said, 81k isn't really cheap either for the quality that you get in Dubai...
Deira Enrichment Project. Massively underrated hidden gem :)

Ok so the sunrise call to prayer from 8 trillion mosques is quite loud but other than that pretty peaceful

Interesting, I'll check it out. How did you find out about it? I find it frustrating that you basically have to know exactly in which area you want to live as the agents specialize on specific areas and know nothing about other places.
@Au999 in case that's too much information just report my post here :)

@Au999 is in the Gold Business so being next to the Gold Souk was most likely an accident by visiting Deira and seeing this new project.

Reactions: Au999
Interesting, I'll check it out. How did you find out about it? I find it frustrating that you basically have to know exactly in which area you want to live as the agents specialize on specific areas and know nothing about other places.
I went and looked at seriously about 50 apartments in the usual spots then just discovered it when I was at the gold souk. Looked over the road at the gold souk extension and saw all these new apartments getting built. Walked around the area up towards the Hyatt and spotted my now building. The value compared to other areas was incredible, build quality while not first class is comparable to UK persimmon homes, location bang on for metro etc, and loads of new amenities, sea views etc, apartment is gigantic. Here's view out front to Burj and out back to gulf. Totally recommend area.

Attachments

• rear-comp.jpg
    rear-comp.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 49
  • front-comp.jpg
    front-comp.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 50
Company might be OK, but living in Dubai will cost a lot. Where do you want to live in Asia?
I was thinking about living in Thailand and other neighboring Asian countries, while having my company setup at Dubai.

So, it's not actually living, but rather touring and staying in a country for the maximum amount of months and then move on to the next.

But the question is, after setting up the company, do I have to be present for a certain amount of time during the year in Dubai? Is there an obligation on that regard?

81k/year for 2BR in a new building is great deal. Usually, it you could get 1BR for that money in a slightly better location.
Anyways, it's a great example that if you move to Dubai - you don't have to live in JBR or Marina.

Also, if I all 2BR's are about the same size (1,450sqft/135m2 like the one I found at PropertyFinder) - they are pretty big for a family.

I was thinking about living in Thailand and other neighboring Asian countries, while having my company setup at Dubai.

So, it's not actually living, but rather touring and staying in a country for the maximum amount of months and then move on to the next.

But the question is, after setting up the company, do I have to be present for a certain amount of time during the year in Dubai? Is there an obligation on that regard?
To keep the Residence Visa Active you are required to be every 6 Months for 1 Day in Dubai.

Best you read one time through our whole Website then you know everything what it takes to Setup your Dubai Company.

Latest Threads