Our valued sponsor

Report corporate tax and crypto correctly

HundHond

Mar 30, 2024
Dubai
Visit site
I currently have a big problem, namely that my company takes in several million per year in profit. However, we only keep the money in crypto and do not pay it out to banks, how could we even, banks in the UAE are very strict when it comes to crypto. So we are forced to leave the money in crypto. We are currently preparing for corporate tax and have already established that we have revenues of over 2M.

Our books look as follows: Amount in USD, date, to which address received. Just as seen in the screenshot. In the screenshot, you do not see who the person is that has paid. Is something like this important for accounting? Do we need 1:1 evidence of who has paid? The evidence is available, however only in WhatsApp chats since we give out the address separately. The invoice is in the blockchain, we do not make separate invoices for customers.

What do you think of this? There are two main problems, no direct invoices and secondly no money in the bank to pay the taxes since 99% of our money is in crypto.

Attachments

• EC8E80DE-B465-4D28-AF28-7571ABC3B659.jpeg
    EC8E80DE-B465-4D28-AF28-7571ABC3B659.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Haha
Reactions: wellington and jafo
I currently have a big problem, namely that my company takes in several million per year in profit. However, we only keep the money in crypto and do not pay it out to banks, how could we even, banks in the UAE are very strict when it comes to crypto. So we are forced to leave the money in crypto. We are currently preparing for corporate tax and have already established that we have revenues of over 2M.

Our books look as follows: Amount in USD, date, to which address received. Just as seen in the screenshot. In the screenshot, you do not see who the person is that has paid. Is something like this important for accounting? Do we need 1:1 evidence of who has paid? The evidence is available, however only in WhatsApp chats since we give out the address separately. The invoice is in the blockchain, we do not make separate invoices for customers.

What do you think of this? There are two main problems, no direct invoices and secondly no money in the bank to pay the taxes since 99% of our money is in crypto.
seems ok. Whatever you take in, you pay profits on no matter the currency its in.

But, no idea if the uae is chill with that or if you need any special license or anything like that.

Generally you’ll need an account statement I’d imagine - that’s where you will trip up as you will give a wallet and I believe you have to be licensed in Dubai for that

You should also be compiling every transaction and pdf it alongside sale of goods/services so you have a trough reason to have received the funds otherwise they can’t confirm if it’s laundering

You’ll have to record all swaps etc and fees also

Latest Threads