Our valued sponsor

Russian President Putin announces military operation in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the moment at least:
You would have to short that contract to actually go long RUB (USDT/RUB you mentioned). Don't know if it's allowed or not, just saying.

NVO

Reactions: khinkali
Supposedly, the well-respected head of the Russian Central Bank resigned five days ago. I am surprised that I have not seen more news coverage of it. Now, another well-respected Russian economist has resigned from his government position and fled Russia. Those are not the signs of a stable government. It seems that no one wants to serve a government led by a war criminal.
Anatoly Chubais, the architect of Russia's post-Soviet economic reforms, has quit his post as a Kremlin special envoy and left the country due to the war in Ukraine, two sources told Reuters, the highest profile protest by a Russian figure against the invasion.

what you mean with that ?I bought RUB for USDT and had no issues a week ago
Sorry, I don't know how it works with crypto, I'm an FX guy. We have USD/RUB, EUR/RUB etc, so if you want to go LONG RUB you must short the pair, as pairs are quoted: currency 1 vs. currency 2 (denomination currency, RUB in this case). Again, I'm not into crypto, so apologies if I caused any misunderstanding.

FX brokers (prime brokers and Bank platforms included) stopped allowing trading in RUB pairs Feb 25th, so we're locked out of that opportunity as well.

NVO

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
what you mean with that ?I bought RUB for USDT and had no issues a week ago
He was discussing creating a synthetic position for holding Rubles, which can be created by buying or selling the underlying financial instruments and/or derivatives. If several instruments that have the same payoff as investing in the underlying asset are bought or sold, then you can create a synthetic underlying position.

Personally, I always prefer to hold the actual underlying asset, currency, or financial instrument, rather than creating a synthetic position. But for some positions, you may not have a choice. Watch the film "The Big Short," where Michael Burry had to approach big investment banks to create such positions. Those big investment banks thought that they were taking candy from a baby, but subsequent events proved otherwise.

Putin continues to purge his inner circle and place government officials under house arrest. He appears more paranoid as criticism of the war by various government officials continue to mount.
"We can definitively say that nothing is going to plan," Pavel Luzin, a Russian military analyst, told The Times. "It has been decades since the Soviet and Russian armies have seen such great losses in such a short period of time."

Putin has reportedly begun purging his inner circle as the invasion drags on. Earlier this month, Ukrainian media reported that Roman Gavrilov, the head of the Russian national guard, had been fired by Putin. A Russian newspaper, Kommersant, reported Gavrilov had resigned.

A week prior, Soldatov said the ousted officials included the top Russian intelligence official tasked with managing the recruitment of spies and diversionary operations in Ukraine and his deputy, who have both been placed under house arrest.

Even Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, who spends summer vacations with Putin and has been eyed as the Russian leader's prospective successor, has seen his status decline, The Times reported, citing Soldatov's sources. The Times said it could not independently verify Soldatov's claims but added that Shoigu had not been seen meeting with Putin in person since February 27 — three days after Russia invaded Ukraine.
According to The Times, some in Putin's orbit have voiced dissent over the war, including a former Federal Security Service official who said Russia had "underestimated" Ukraine and a group of Russian military officers who said invading Ukraine would be "pointless and extremely dangerous" and threaten the future of Russia.

Last edited:
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu Not Seen for 12 Days

So, putin liquidated him because of failed fast war and drawing into a long war?

2nd army in the world still 'captures Kyiv in a couple of hours' in their wet dreams.

Reactions: RealDude
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu Not Seen for 12 Days

So, putin liquidated him because of failed fast war and drawing into a long war?

2nd army in the world still 'captures Kyiv in a couple of hours' in their wet dreams.
Damn, if you know who he is . . . that is really crazy. Sergei Shoigu is one of Putin's most loyal comrades and widely seen as his most likely successor. So, I assumed that he was a hard-liner. That is a very disturbing development.

There are now at least a handful of high-ranking Russian government and military leaders who have resigned and fled the country, are under house arrest, or have simply disappeared.

In the case of Sergei Shoigu, the most horrifying scenario (I have no idea whether it might be true) is that Putin is proactively neutralizing anyone who could most easily replace him. Stalin's playbook.

Last edited:
Damn, if you know who he is . . . that is really crazy. Sergei Shoigu is one of Putin's most loyal comrades and widely seen as his most likely successor. So, I assumed that he was a hard-liner. That is a very disturbing development.

There are now at least a handful of high-ranking Russian government and military leaders who have resigned and fled the country, are under house arrest, or have simply disappeared.

In the case of Sergei Shoigu, the most horrifying scenario (I have no idea whether it might be true) is that Putin is proactively neutralizing anyone who could most easily replace him. Stalin's playbook.
Always take Western media propaganda with a pinch of salt. Or Russian propaganda for that matter. Their job is to spew propaganda for click-bait and gas-lighting, it's not for keeping you informed anymore (they stopped doing that a long time ago). SO while it all may be true, I'd be skeptical of any info coming from any side. I can't do much about it anyway, so (really) why bother?

NVO

A nice gesture of a Nazi and Genocide Regime:​

Ukraine uses facial recognition to identify dead Russian soldiers, minister says​

„Ukraine had been using Clearview AI software to find the social media accounts of dead Russian soldiers.

From there, authorities are messaging relatives to make arrangements to collect the body“

Reactions: troubled soul
I am not a Catholic, but I am a believer. As a student of history, I am familiar with the miracle at Fatima. I also watched the movie "Fatima" last year, which is a very powerful film based on the Our Lady of Fatima events in 1917, which occurred in Portugal shortly after the Russian Revolution.

The appearances predicted WWII and several other events. Interestingly, the last prediction involved Russia:
I shall come to ask for the consecration of Russia to my Immaculate Heart, and the communion of reparation on the first Saturday's. If my requests are heeded, Russia will be converted, and there will be peace. If not, she will spread her errors throughout the world, causing wars and persecutions of the Church. The good will be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer, various nations will be annihilated. In the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph. The Holy Father will consecrate Russia to me, and she will be converted, and a period of peace will be granted to the world."

At the formal request of the Episcopal Conference of Ukrainian Catholic Bishops, Pope Francis announced he would consecrate Russia and Ukraine to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on 25 March 2022 at Saint Peter’s Basilica in Rome. A consecration ceremony is also scheduled in Fatima, Portugal by the Papal almoner, Cardinal Konrad Krajewski. That is tomorrow.

Please, let us all pray for peace -- and for the people of Ukraine, Russia, and the world.

I am not a Catholic, but I am a believer. As a student of history, I am familiar with the miracle at Fatima. I also watched the movie "Fatima" last year, which is a very powerful film based on the Our Lady of Fatima events in 1917, which occurred in Portugal shortly after the Russian Revolution.

The appearances predicted WWII and several other events. Interestingly, the last prediction involved Russia:

At the formal request of the Episcopal Conference of Ukrainian Catholic Bishops, Pope Francis announced he would consecrate Russia and Ukraine to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on 25 March 2022 at Saint Peter’s Basilica in Rome. A consecration ceremony is also scheduled in Fatima, Portugal by the Papal almoner, Cardinal Konrad Krajewski. That is tomorrow.

Please, let us all pray for peace -- and for the people of Ukraine, Russia, and the world.
These days the Antichrist is on the other side of the ocean, my friend.
I've seen today a mainstream news broadcast where one of their guests confirmed that the USA are actively stopping UA gov from negotiating as they (DoD) consider them too willing to meet Russia's requests.

Demoralized Russian troops kill their own commanding officer after suffering heavy losses.
Russian troops reportedly attacked their own commanding officer by running him over with a tank after many in their brigade were killed amid the ongoing invasion of Ukraine.

Ukrainian journalist Roman Tsymbaliuk said in a post on Facebook that Russian Col. Yuri Medvedev was attacked after fighting in Ukraine left nearly half of the men in the 37th Motor Rifle Brigade dead, The Washington Post reported.

Roman Abramovich Eyes Sanction-Free Dubai Property as Russians Flock to UAE

FNx94MbVsAEVqJ0.jpg

Worth sharing

Last edited:
Reactions: kkein
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads