Our valued sponsor

Seychelles Company or BVI Company what do you guys think is best?

Spinat

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold
Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
Reading and following the threads going on here it looks like the Seychelles is overall better then the BVI, it has not been very long time ago where a BVI company formation was the no.1 for many in the UK and rest of the European Union, not a slide shift seems to have happened and a Seychelles Company has much more possibilities then a BVI Company!

What do you think?

I just want to give you some of the major benefits of the Seychelles IBC company compared to BVI Companies....

Benefit No.1

No US or EU IRS Interference: Seychelles is a stable independent republic, has no economic ties with the US or the EU and, (unlike the BVI and many of other offshore jurisdictions) Seychelles HAS NOT SIGNED any tax information sharing agreements whatsoever

Benefit No.2

A Seychelles IBC can be established quickly and easily, requires only one shareholder and director and can carry on a wide range of activities as of right (ie without necessarily having to go down the road of obtaining special business licenses)

With the exception of Seychelles, only in the BVI is the minimum annual licence fee not pegged to a limitation on authorized capital, however, in BVI: 1. the capitalisation is restricted to a minimum number of shares (50’000), regardless of the face value of each share & 2. The annual licence fee is considerably more expensive.

Benefit No.3

Bearer Shares are permitted: Shares may be issued either to a named shareholder or to an unnamed “Bearer” as an added privacy shield (ie he who holds the share certificate/s owns the Company) and there is no restriction of movement on Bearer shares. Unlike BVI, Panama, Belize etc anyone can hold the bearer share certificate/s - the bearer share certificate/s does not have to be held by an approved custodian

Now decide on your own what is the best for you and more importantly what situation you are in!

Reactions: Spinat
Wow, that means the Seychelles don't have any TAX treaties with any government around.... thats one big benefit ! Cool

Now why does people are going for an BVI company then rather then a Seychelles company? I have been speaking with many peoples around and also read a report that according to the few stats available the BVI has the most registered companies anually what so ever, and as mentioned before they are the first choice by many UK citizens, I guess it is due to the British Virgins Islands are british theretory right?

Admin in which situation would you want to choose BVI?
We learned that one of the processors we work with as well accept BVI companies for payment processing ;) So in this case when a client need a company for their credit card processing needs and for any reason don't want to incorporate in Cyprus then we have the BVI as an alternative, actually we have a authorized lawyer in the BVI who takes care of the registration etc. and we help with the opening of the bank account and merchant account to finally link everything to a structure that fit's the client needs.

Beware: There is no privacy at all in such structures where one choose a BVI company + merchant account.

Also I would like to add that in certain cases where a offshore structure is required but where the credibility is questioned then a BVI may be better than a Seychelles company.

I realize that the Seychelles is better for privacy protection while the BVI is better for regular business which not require any privacy nor tax reduction opportunities and finally for those looking for a merchant account.

Yes why not? I don't know what you are gonna use the Seychelles company for but you won't be wrong by ordering a Seychelles company I'm sure...

Reactions: wosniak
If the purpose is to Manage and control a Offshore Holding company then a Seychelles company will be sufficient in most cases, depending on the type of holding company.

If the purpose is to Manage and control a Offshore Holding company then a Seychelles company
That's the primary reason... thank you.

pimprole said:
Looks like a Seychelles company can help me and my business and keep the tax man away.
For most it is actually what a Seychelles company do ;)

Latest Threads