Our valued sponsor

Staking USDT, USDC and ETH from ledger, how?

I have a hundred thoiousands on my ledger nano in USDC and USDT as ETH.

I was wondering how I could stake them ince they have been sitting there for a few years without doing any good. But I don't want to run a huge risk!!!

Any suggestion?
The word "stake" is used differently by many people because the act of staking is just basically "putting something somewhere". Most people in crypto when they say "stake" they are talking about native assets staking which in this case stablecoins aren't part of.... Basically when people stake native assets like ETH, they earn the freshly printed tokens (inflation of the protocol)

Now if you want to pool/stake/lend your stablecoins with the lowest risk on the network you can:
- Use the compound protocol and get a combined yield between 3% and 7% of your USDC (lending)
- Use the AAVE protocol and get between 2% and 4% (Lending)
- Use the uniswap protocol and earn between 3% and 6% (Pooling 50% USDC and 50% USDT)
- Use the curve protocol and get between 3% and 4% of combined yield when using the low risk pools (pooling multiple stablecoins)

Those protocols are the most reliable protocols and the ones that have been battle-tested the most... if you want bigger yields then you will need to either use riskier protocols or using compounding strategies but alway remember that there is no 0 risk protocol, smart contract bug risk is always a thing

Crypto and no risk? Does it exist? To lessen the risk do everything yourself. You can do staking with supported cryptocurrencies while keeping control of your coins. A good example is Polkadot. You can buy it for less than $5 a coin right now and stake it yourself with an average return of 15% per annum. There's also Tron, Solana, Cardano and Cosmos if you want to diversify, but the reward is lower.

The word "stake" is used differently by many people because the act of staking is just basically "putting something somewhere". Most people in crypto when they say "stake" they are talking about native assets staking which in this case stablecoins aren't part of.... Basically when people stake native assets like ETH, they earn the freshly printed tokens (inflation of the protocol)

Now if you want to pool/stake/lend your stablecoins with the lowest risk on the network you can:
- Use the compound protocol and get a combined yield between 3% and 7% of your USDC (lending)
- Use the AAVE protocol and get between 2% and 4% (Lending)
- Use the uniswap protocol and earn between 3% and 6% (Pooling 50% USDC and 50% USDT)
- Use the curve protocol and get between 3% and 4% of combined yield when using the low risk pools (pooling multiple stablecoins)

Those protocols are the most reliable protocols and the ones that have been battle-tested the most... if you want bigger yields then you will need to either use riskier protocols or using compounding strategies but alway remember that there is no 0 risk protocol, smart contract bug risk is always a thing
I loved this explanation! Concise, clear, and to the point! Thank you for sharing! thu&¤#

I have a hundred thoiousands on my ledger nano in USDC and USDT as ETH.

I was wondering how I could stake them ince they have been sitting there for a few years without doing any good. But I don't want to run a huge risk!!!

Any suggestion?
You could use Nexo for higher percentages like 10-12% on USDT,
but there is the counterparty risk, not your keys, not your crypto.

Reactions: jafo