Our valued sponsor

Switzerland has no extradition agreement with some of the EU / European countries!

ImKing

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Lifetime
May 29, 2015
Visit site
The last day I learned that Switzerland has no extradition agreement with many of the EU / European countries. That mean, if you lived in a particular country and cheated your tax auth. for tax, VAT etc. & you're willing to relicate (also you must have money for that) to the Switzerland, they can't get you there.

This is completely new for me, I don't even have seen other countries doing this nor discussions about that around here.

Here is some basics

they can't get you there.
I think it is more complicated than that, and the lack of an extradition treaty is not a 100% guarantee. Switzerland extradition was briefly discussed in this thread.

Dubai is a well-known safe-haven for people with problems with law in their home countries. That is changing, but tax evaders are probably the last ones to be extradited.

There is a curious case of North Cyprus, which is recognized as a country only by Turkey. Extraditing from that place could be difficult.

Is there a list of countries that act similar as Dubai and Switzerland does right now?

Also these changes won't hit me if I take the chance and move to the UAE:
The new treaties are being discussed and signed with Pakistan, Russia, France, Germany, Australia, Sri Lanka, South Africa and Yemen.

Brazil constitutionally guarantees its citizens protection from being extradited to a foreign country in Provision 51 of its “Fundamental Rights and Guarantees.” The only exception to this provision is if they commit a crime and then become naturalized or if the crime involves trafficking of illegal narcotics. Brazil is also one of the easiest countries in which to gain citizenship through the normal process.

Bear in mind that having no extradition agreement typically applies only to citizens of those nations and not necessarily to mere residents or visitors. So, you must typically gain citizenship first.

Reactions: khinkali
The last day I learned that Switzerland has no extradition agreement with many of the EU / European countries. That mean, if you lived in a particular country and cheated your tax auth. for tax, VAT etc. & you're willing to relicate (also you must have money for that) to the Switzerland, they can't get you there.

This is completely new for me, I don't even have seen other countries doing this nor discussions about that around here.

Here is some basics

Sure, but one day that thing will be changed, then your state will take everything you accumulated there : stocks, house, car,everything.

since it is not a country but a part of the EU..
They are part of Europe but not EU.

I agree, they are not what they have used to be, but still useful in many ways.

Reactions: Cocopops
I'd rather go to Dubai or some corrupt third world country where you can bribe your way to safety if i was at risk of extradition.

Switzerland is not a safe haven unless you're a citizen, and you'll be dealing with other problems: Extremely high costs of living, swiss arrogance lol, banks that will rat you out at the first sign of a law enforcement request/subpoena unless you're worth billions of dollars which will make your legal problems even worse down the road. Overall i'd avoid the place unless you have 100m plus in net worth where everyone will bend the knee to help your case.

Regarding extradition, from my experience, you're unlikely to get extradited unless you owe dozens of millions. (With the exception of France and Spain which are total sharks when it comes to tax lawsuits). I've seen guys who owed 10-15 millions to the CRA in Canada move to Monaco without hindrance and no extradition ever happened to them.

To know if Switzerland execute an extradition or not you may have a personal case first, then you will see. Each case is based on and individual point of view and situation. It's hard to say if it works or not for me, you or your friend.

But the prerequisite for moving to another country if you have this kind of problem is to move to a country with no extradition agreement. That's where I would start at least ;)

To know if Switzerland execute an extradition or not you may have a personal case first, then you will see. Each case is based on and individual point of view and situation. It's hard to say if it works or not for me, you or your friend.

But the prerequisite for moving to another country if you have this kind of problem is to move to a country with no extradition agreement. That's where I would start at least ;)
Just going to point out, although there is no extradition (say with the US and Dubai for example), they do share information (financial) and at times, they do make people person non-grata, where they are picked up by FBI agents at the boarding gate for their exit out of the country (hush puppy).

So if you intend to evade taxes, don't be surprised to be extradited in a form, also Dubai traditionally didn't work with countries as the act(s) themselves were not crimes in Dubai (that's changing with tax introduction etc).

Best to simply move to a Territorial tax location and structure companies overseas and bring money in based on the tax free method than f**k around playing games with a competent (and increasingly resillient) tax agency.

I understand that if you are into something illegal in big scale it is not a safe house. However, for simple tax cases it may be well fine. There are known cases where someone owe some countries tax authorities 20 million and they can't go after him.

Brazil constitutionally guarantees its citizens protection from being extradited to a foreign country in Provision 51 of its “Fundamental Rights and Guarantees.” The only exception to this provision is if they commit a crime and then become naturalized or if the crime involves trafficking of illegal narcotics. Brazil is also one of the easiest countries in which to gain citizenship through the normal process.

Bear in mind that having no extradition agreement typically applies only to citizens of those nations and not necessarily to mere residents or visitors. So, you must typically gain citizenship first.
This is NOT true!
Cláudia Cristina Sobral was born in Brazil and had Brazilian citizenship.
At a point in time, she moved to the US, met US Air Force Major Karl Hoerig, and got married. She later, through marriage, received US citizenship and adopted her married name Cláudia Hoerig.
Karl Hoerig abused Cláudia. In self-defense, Cláudia killed Karl. She grabbed her Brazilian passport and fled back to Brazil. The country she was born in and had ALL her family!
The Americans told the Brazilian Supreme Court: "She renounced her Brazilian citizenship upon accepting the American one and she was NO longer a Brazilian citizen."
The Brazilian supreme court agreed with the Americans & approved her extradition to the US.

Here you can read the Brazilian official verdict: 1ª Turma do STF mantém extradição de mulher que renunciou à nacionalidade brasileira

Claudia Hoerig is now serving a life sentence in the US: The Hoerig Trial: Claudia Hoerig sentenced to life victim family reacts

Brazil allows and recognizes multiple citizenships (and the Kangaroo Court claimed it's valid as long as they are through ancestry :rolleyes: )

My personal take: If you commit ANY crime and are afraid of being extradited, go to Russia! Case closed!

Latest Threads