Our valued sponsor

Question Tax structure for SaaS

eltoro18

Feb 26, 2022
Georgia
Visit site
I live in Georgia (the country). I’m registered as an individual entrepreneur with small business status, so I pay 1% on my turnover.
My main issue is selling SaaS outside Georgia with international credit cards.

So my requirements are:
  • Stripe
  • Low incorporation cost (< 1000$)
  • Low tax for non resident
  • Planning to sell in US, EU, UK.
I saw I could open an UK LLC Pretty easy and cheap in 1st formations.
Is this a good option?
Or should I go for US LLC? Cyprus? HK?

Cyprus would serve well for your kind of activities. There is also an IP Box Regime in place were effective tax rate is 2.5%. Stripe works well with Cyprus company. However, to obtain the full tax benefits you should explore whether you can relocate and obtain tax residency status in the Country as well.

Just note that your choice of jurisdiction would not be relevant if the management and control would be seen to be performed from Georgia. In this case Georgia would impose income tax as it would deem the foreign company as a permanent establishment operating in Georgia. There is of course ways to avoid this my enhancing substance requirements, appointing local directors, arranging for Board meetings/agreements to be executed locally.

Please let me know if I can PM you if you need more details.

Cyprus would serve well for your kind of activities. There is also an IP Box Regime in place were effective tax rate is 2.5%. Stripe works well with Cyprus company. However, to obtain the full tax benefits you should explore whether you can relocate and obtain tax residency status in the Country as well.

Just note that your choice of jurisdiction would not be relevant if the management and control would be seen to be performed from Georgia. In this case Georgia would impose income tax as it would deem the foreign company as a permanent establishment operating in Georgia. There is of course ways to avoid this my enhancing substance requirements, appointing local directors, arranging for Board meetings/agreements to be executed locally.

Please let me know if I can PM you if you need more details.
Thanks for your answer.
Are you sure that Cyprus catalogs under the "Low incorporation cost" item? Because if I remember correctly, the cost I saw was about 3k.
Many thanks!