Our valued sponsor

To change my Wise address yes or no

Mssquirrel

Nov 29, 2022
South America
Visit site
So very silly questions but I only can ask this stuff here...
I have this Wise account that have an old address of a friend in London as I received the card there and then never change it because Wise never asked me for anything. I am now in South America and I use the card here. Should I change the address the correct one before the end of the year for the CRS and all that or not? If I do that can I still use my Wise card?
I am not a resident or tax resident in the UK as I don't spend 6 months a year there.

There is a non-zero risk that something is triggered which causes to Wise eventually look closer at your account. Each company configures these controls differently. But it would be easy to detect that a card has been used in one country for a certain period of time, or that transactions to/from your account show a different address.

Whether you can keep using your card or account depends on where you live and whether Wise supports that country.

So very silly questions but I only can ask this stuff here...
I have this Wise account that have an old address of a friend in London as I received the card there and then never change it because Wise never asked me for anything. I am now in South America and I use the card here. Should I change the address the correct one before the end of the year for the CRS and all that or not? If I do that can I still use my Wise card?
I am not a resident or tax resident in the UK as I don't spend 6 months a year there.

If Wise doesnt offer the card in ZA (ive no idea)
then dont change anything or theyll prolly cancel your card.

Regarding card transactions... it dont matter for WIse.
They literally told me to change my address to one in the EU right after I changed mine to Dubai some time ago. I use the card in 4/6 countries a year and its all good.

If Wise doesnt offer the card in ZA (ive no idea)
then dont change anything or theyll prolly cancel your card.

Regarding card transactions... it dont matter for WIse.
They literally told me to change my address to one in the EU right after I changed mine to Dubai some time ago. I use the card in 4/6 countries a year and its all good.
Yes I don't think they offer card here so they might cancel it. Anyways I asked in another EMI I think Bankera and they told me I could order a card from anywhere but they only send to Europe so I could send to a friend or something so I thought maybe with Wise is similar and they wouldn't mind but who knows.
I think I will just keep it as it is and see how long it last without any issue for now it's been like 2 years traveling and doing whatever I want without issues. In the meantime I will get more bank accounts offshore bc banking here sucks.
If something isnt broken, dont try to fix it
You are correct.

Have been sing the Wise card for a while in a new country I relocated to without troubles. I have changed my address with Wise with the new one to avoid any troubles.

If something isnt broken, dont try to fix it

The ultimate solution to most issues in this forum

Have been sing the Wise card for a while in a new country I relocated to without troubles. I have changed my address with Wise with the new one to avoid any troubles.

Is the card offered in the new country?

I think I will just keep it as it is and see how long it last without any issue for now it's been like 2 years traveling and doing whatever I want without issues.

Smart

In the meantime I will get more bank accounts offshore bc banking here sucks.

I feel you, ZA banking is trash

Did the same when relocating, card is supported in both countries.

The ultimate solution to most issues in this forum

Is the card offered in the new country?

Smart

I feel you, ZA banking is trash
I didn't check but I don't think they send cards outside Europe I might be able to use a digital one from here but who knows. Anyways I decided to not touch it and see how long it lasts while I set up other banking.

Reactions: TheCryptoAnt
I didn't check but I don't think they send cards outside Europe I might be able to use a digital one from here but who knows. Anyways I decided to not touch it and see how long it lasts while I set up other banking.
If you didn't changed your address back in time and you are still around, I would love to hear if everything is still working well with your Wise account and debit card?

As far as I know they send you a notification to make sure your address is up to date when you use card in another country for long time. So they ask to change the address when it's necessary. If you have address proof for old address, probably better not to touch for now.

Latest Threads