Our valued sponsor

UAE FZ small business relief - CT filing - audit?

Hi everyone,

I want to start with a FZ, but realised there were some changes to the last time I checked around 2021-2022.
Got three questions but even after a lengthy search I couldnt find a good answer to them. Even contacted a service which forms FZs and they couldnt give a straight answer.
  1. Can anyone apply to the small business relief? Even new businesses? Is it easy to get it or is there a lengthy verification process to it?
  2. CT filing is mandatory for profit over 375k AED, even with small business relief. What cost is associated with it when done by someone? Can it be done on my own?
  3. Are audits mandatory and if so what costs are associated with it?
Thank you art:!"

Reactions: lory and gatrader
Bump. Another day of research.

For 1: It looks like everyone can apply for it, no matter if you create your company today, yesterday or in a year, for now.

I couldnt find any information about 2 and 3. I saw accounting services but they include reports which I dont need and charge around 500-1500€ per month which is a scam.

Reactions: lory
Hello There!

1. Can anyone apply to the small business relief? Even new businesses? Is it easy to get it or is there a lengthy verification process to it? - Yes, everyone can apply
  2. CT filing is mandatory for profit over 375k AED, even with small business relief. What cost is associated with it when done by someone? Can it be done on my own? - We advise to wait with this until more information is released.
  3. Are audits mandatory and if so what costs are associated with it? - Same as in question Nr. 2

Thanks,

Hi everyone,

I want to start with a FZ, but realised there were some changes to the last time I checked around 2021-2022.
Got three questions but even after a lengthy search I couldnt find a good answer to them. Even contacted a service which forms FZs and they couldnt give a straight answer.
  1. Can anyone apply to the small business relief? Even new businesses? Is it easy to get it or is there a lengthy verification process to it?
  2. CT filing is mandatory for profit over 375k AED, even with small business relief. What cost is associated with it when done by someone? Can it be done on my own?
  3. Are audits mandatory and if so what costs are associated with it?
Thank you art:!"

Hey,

1. The company will have to apply for small business relief only when it does its first tax filing, i.e. generally in 2025 (for the year 2024). Conditions for small business relief are announced, but no one will tell you what the process will look like exactly because it will come with the first tax filing. Small business relief will be applicable also for new companies. If you just now set up a company, please keep in mind, that it will become subject to tax from the incorporation moment (e.g. October 2023), but not from 1st January 2024 (as companies established before 1st June 2023).

2. CIT registration is already open and mandatory for all companies, as well as CIT filling.

3. Audit will be mandatory from 2024, but there are exemptions. All decent service providers should be able to explain this.

That’s strange, it was non-negotiable when I asked. Anyway, not a huge problem. Just required some back and forth with the accountant.
it was not on the long list of requirements. Just financials have been asked.
Did you receive any feedback?
No ;)
It seems we had the opportunity of a pretty short vip treatment.

They will only come back to you if your vip treatment is not finished yet.