Our valued sponsor

UAE residence visa cheapest option

I think you are refering to:
Freelance Package: Starts at 6000 AED
Benefits: Eligible for 2 visas, access to a facilitated Freelance Hub, only service activities, not trading
Please note the "Freelance package" is not a freelance permit (as gofreelance.ae or with DubaiSouth), it is a company. So new UBO forms, VAT etc. are applicable. ESR is not applicable in your case I suppose. Concerning Ajman, do not forget to add e-channels fees.

FYI, within Ajman, you also have:
Pioneer Package: Starts at 5000 AED
Benefits: For investors 20-30 years old, Eligible for 1 visa, access to a facilitated Pioneer Hub, only service activities, not trading
Vat without any trading or activities ? Well it's only for residency and simply living here. I am sure there is an exemption for audits if you have no activities. I am not eligible for Pioneer package. Just a little over that age bracket. All of them require e channel fees nowadays from what I know.

Reactions: clemens
I think you are refering to:
Freelance Package: Starts at 6000 AED
Benefits: Eligible for 2 visas, access to a facilitated Freelance Hub, only service activities, not trading
Please note the "Freelance package" is not a freelance permit (as gofreelance.ae or with DubaiSouth), it is a company. So new UBO forms, VAT etc. are applicable. ESR is not applicable in your case I suppose. Concerning Ajman, do not forget to add e-channels fees.

FYI, within Ajman, you also have:
Pioneer Package: Starts at 5000 AED
Benefits: For investors 20-30 years old, Eligible for 1 visa, access to a facilitated Pioneer Hub, only service activities, not trading
Please can these fees be elaborated with all the extra e-channel fees to allow for a clearer overall cost element for this package.
If you are moving from Dubai Visa to Ajman, do all your documents such a driving licence need to be changed to Ajman as well as car registration? Have there been any imprivements in this aspect in recent times?
New EID will be issued after visa so this is understood.

Reactions: clemens
Reactions: mrb
They then own you.
They will extort you and if you complain cancel your visa and you have 48 hours to get out the country.
If they want to be extra they can have you banned from the UAE for 10 years.
I hear you..you wouldn't want a random company/person to have that type of power over you. But I know people who have used friends who own companies sponsors their visas for a fee. Generally it comes out to $1000-1500/year. If you don't want a business account and are mainly interested in a residency visa, this could be an option.

that's an interesting part of the overall costs of a setup there!
I was just being sarcastic when I stated earlier well this package and visa is only to live here. ;) with no business activities whatsoever. How would you explain to ESR requirements ? They will just take your ESR certification but I am sure they will get back to you someday and ask questions why are you doing this? Big question is when ? The key question is what benefit you are to us while living here without taxes etc except buying residence visa, companies etc ? I think that is the reason these ESR forms are being collected to see how many are living like this. This is the reason I think someone needs to look into it more before setting up for any future headaches.

I hear you..you wouldn't want a random company/person to have that type of power over you. But I know people who have used friends who own companies sponsors their visas for a fee. Generally it comes out to $1000-1500/year. If you don't want a business account and are mainly interested in a residency visa, this could be an option.
Yes people are paying money to live here by showing a fake job from a company that renews their visas after every 2 years. I know a lot of forex traders are nowadays here from South Africa, Iran, Southeast Asia etc to take advantage of banking and tax leniency. With this type of visa you can't get too much money in here as you will be immediately tagged by Central bank here.

Yes, a lot of guys use it as a way into UAE and then get themselves set up and then set up their own licences. Others do it simply for the ease of having a bank account and visa.

But I have seen horror stories that you wouldn't believe. There are some evil people out there buyer beware.

Reactions: troubled soul
I was just being sarcastic when I stated earlier well this package and visa is only to live here. ;) with no business activities whatsoever. How would you explain to ESR requirements ? They will just take your ESR certification but I am sure they will get back to you someday and ask questions why are you doing this? Big question is when ? The key question is what benefit you are to us while living here without taxes etc except buying residence visa, companies etc ? I think that is the reason these ESR forms are being collected to see how many are living like this. This is the reason I think someone needs to look into it more before setting up for any future headaches.
Did you check the lastest update about ESR in UAE? If not, have a look to https://www.mof.gov.ae/en/strategicpartnerships/pages/esr.aspx .It is now only concerning "foreign connected person". I think you mixed it with the economic substance related to DTA and so yes, you have right about it.

Yes, a lot of guys use it as a way into UAE and then get themselves set up and then set up their own licences. Others do it simply for the ease of having a bank account and visa.

But I have seen horror stories that you wouldn't believe. There are some evil people out there buyer beware.
Do not use this route ,For saving few money, you can end up in jail.

Rashid Bakhit, Deputy Director of Naturalisation and Residency Department in Dubai, said: "This is an illegal act, and the person who sells the visa will be taken to court."
You can find so many horror stories for the same

How would you explain ESR to a

yes you will find a lot of companies still advertising it even partnership visas for 3 years for cheap. Mainly they setup a company and dissappear after selling visas. This is their main scam game.

How would you explain ESR to a

yes you will find a lot of companies still advertising it even partnership visas for 3 years for cheap. Mainly they setup a company and dissappear after selling visas. This is their main scam game.
ESR is the obligation of the company owner not the employee. So those that buy residency via employment are not required to do anything regarding ESR.

Yes. It makes no sense to save on cost with that. If Dubai or UAE is considered too expensive, then Paraguay, Georgia or Panama (very soon a thing of the past) are cheaper options to start out.

ESR is the obligation of the company owner not the employee. So those that buy residency via employment are not required to do anything regarding ESR.
Yes I know dear but for those who are setting up a free zone company here and not doing any business in it at all but only using it for a bank account (considering that all free zones except Dubai, Jebel Ali are having problems now with a bank account ) and residence visa how would they explain ESR to officials here.? Sooner or later they will face this inquiry even if they live here full time.

Yes I know dear but for those who are setting up a free zone company here and not doing any business in it at all but only using it for a bank account (considering that all free zones except Dubai, Jebel Ali are having problems now with a bank account ) and residence visa how would they explain ESR to officials here.? Sooner or later they will face this inquiry even if they live here full time.
By living there full time you can justify the business purely on the fact you are there. You are conducting business even if it's from your living room.

For those who are not there they will need to employ someone for about $500 a month who handles enquiries and does some clerical work.

This is becoming common in my experience as some of my clients have even took on a few members of staff at that rate. They even allow them to do their own jobs as well which is billed by the company and they take the whole amount as commission on top of their salary. Mostly IT guys in all fields.

I'm wondering if this can work in my case. I get a remote worker visa, rent shoe box apartment for $15k AED for one year to get Ejari and DEWA so that I can open local bank account and have a real address. Pay myself monthly salary of $5000 USD to UAE account and come to Dubai for 3 months before reapplying for a new remote worker visa. I'm from Balkans so not part of CRS and I don't think tax office is aggressive as in France/Germany. Would also have to figure out how to get some money out of Dubai back home.

I'm wondering if this can work in my case. I get a remote worker visa, rent shoe box apartment for $15k AED for one year to get Ejari and DEWA so that I can open local bank account and have a real address. Pay myself monthly salary of $5000 USD to UAE account and come to Dubai for 3 months before reapplying for a new remote worker visa. I'm from Balkans so not part of CRS and I don't think tax office is aggressive as in France/Germany. Would also have to figure out how to get some money out of Dubai back home.
Lucky you :). Just don't be German or American. Rest of the world is easy.

Reactions: joffreylol
By living there full time you can justify the business purely on the fact you are there. You are conducting business even if it's from your living room.

For those who are not there they will need to employ someone for about $500 a month who handles enquiries and does some clerical work.

This is becoming common in my experience as some of my clients have even took on a few members of staff at that rate. They even allow them to do their own jobs as well which is billed by the company and they take the whole amount as commission on top of their salary. Mostly IT guys in all fields.
My question was what if you don't have a business in UAE nor do you want to earn income from here. If one is purely living from offshore income and living here in UAE full time with a rented apt and free zone how would you justify ESR to the authorities that you are not earning a dime from that freezone as all freezones have some specified activity and one needs to conduct business on that activity or specified activities. My question still remains how to satisfy ESR requirements ?.

My question was what if you don't have a business in UAE nor do you want to earn income from here. If one is purely living from offshore income and living here in UAE full time with a rented apt and free zone how would you justify ESR to the authorities that you are not earning a dime from that freezone as all freezones have some specified activity and one needs to conduct business on that activity or specified activities. My question still remains how to satisfy ESR requirements ?.
ESR is a problem in UAE and unfortunately people started to receive a very high amount of penalties. The worst part is government ESR portal is not working well and Freezone ESR departments are not capable of understand some cases and this is resulting with fines.

If you have a doubt about your ESR situation then go with Sole Establishment(DED license). ESR doesn’t applies to this license.

Latest Threads