Uk LLP problem with stripe

DonPe

Oct 13, 2020
Visit site
Hi i have an llp in uk
Members are
I - live in use ( residency in uae ) - Nationality italian
Company Dubai Free zone
When I open my stripe or shopify paymetns, after all documentation etc, it required me Proof of Home address, but how can I do because I not live in uk
They require me Utility bills or same of these
Thanks so much all
Really

I'm pretty sure you can submit your UAE address proof, they just care where the company is incorporated
I sent this in fact and they blocked me saying they couldn't work with me.
I have heard of other people who have this problem, I don't know how
From what I understand they want those who work with them to be resident in the same country as the company

Please share their full reason for account block.
They should have sent you an email explaining why they blocked you
Unfortunately, we were unable to verify the information you provided, and will be unable to accept payments on your behalf. We're sorry that we won't be able to support your business here at Stripe.

If you believe that we've made a mistake, we'd like to remedy the situation as quickly as possible. To help us effectively revisit your account, please complete the following form:

Stripe: Sign in

They don't like UAE residents and ideally want the clients living in the same country as the company.

What business are you in
I do dropshipping and i know some people do this from UAE
But I don't know how they do.
Now shopify payments told me that they can accept only UK residency for director.
How can I send proof of my UK address? Utilities bills? etc
Thanks

Im thinking if your UK LLP is owned by yourself and not a freezone then surely they can verify you

and in terms of taxation there isnt any difference since you will be taxed in UAE anyhow

The FZ Company should sell the UK LLP shares to you and it Should Also reflect in companieshouse
Yes but llp doen't have shares, for this i'm director of llp and I have an llp agreement between me and my fz company that we have 50% profit.
For this, I not live in UK and stripe tell me it want my UK home address verification.
I hear that some people can verify with monzo statement
Can you help me?
Really thanks

You live in the UAE you can just set up a UAE PSP. Unfortunately if I had seen this earlier we could have met for a coffee as I'm here currently but leave tomorrow afternoon.

Google search local PSP's there are a few.

Latest Threads