Our valued sponsor

US bank account or EMI for Panama corporation

Panama

Dec 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi folks, it's my very first post in this amazing forum. I am an Amazon FBA seller, I plan to open a corporation in Panama to use it to sell on Amazon.com in the USA, BUT the only one issue is existing. How to receive payments from Amazon to my corporation? EMI like Payoneer, TransferWise, OFX, PingPong doesn't work with Panama. Is there any possibility to open a US business bank account for Panama corporation or alternative EMI? Appreciated the suggestions. Thanks!

Try to look into Bankera or ask @Gediminas if he can help you with banking for your Panama company, it looks like he is a true magician when it comes to banking for the most complicated setups :)

Reactions: Panama
No relevant, direct experience to speak of but my understanding is you might be able to with several major US banks if you visit them in person in Miami. Lots of Latin American business flows through Miami. I think your chances may be greater if you form a US company (Florida LLC), which can be owned by the Panamanian company. This is assuming you are Panamanian or at least live in Panama.

But given the reputation of Panama, this will probably be a significant uphill battle especially if you're a startup.

Hi folks, it's my very first post in this amazing forum. I am an Amazon FBA seller, I plan to open a corporation in Panama to use it to sell on Amazon.com in the USA, BUT the only one issue is existing. How to receive payments from Amazon to my corporation? EMI like Payoneer, TransferWise, OFX, PingPong doesn't work with Panama. Is there any possibility to open a US business bank account for Panama corporation or alternative EMI? Appreciated the suggestions. Thanks!
I had a conversation with TW regarding this. I don’t know if it is that I am with them since 2015 but they told me as long as I clearer their requirements and KYC I was good to go.

US Banks will open accounts for Panama companies, but it is very difficult and you need a connection and a very solid business plan. You could try one of the banks that has operations in both countries, such as Banesco or BAC.

I wonder if you made a google search for the topic:
Code:
site:offshorecorptalk.com panama bank account

If so it will bring up:

There is some helpful information there, I see you have been searching since last year in December for a solution.

Latest Threads