Our valued sponsor

what could possibly go wrong - DUBAI Freelance

mrb

Jun 15, 2021
KSDB
Visit site
Good time of the day Everyone,

@admin @mods
preemptive apologies, if this thread fits elsewhere, please move to a rightful subgroup

Now down to the business,

I would much appreciate your review and input on this, if it makes sense from the fiscal point of view At all.

i am considering applying for a freelance visa in Dubai, mainly because of optional possibility to freelance for state related entities here in UAE.
My plan is to get into a deal where I would be performing my services for said employer on a regular but rather infrequent basis, say, every 2 months time I would be coming down, doing my job for about ten days.
Side note: for a relatively small income, definately not sufficient to cover the costs of living in Dubai, nevertheless…
All income invoices done by me, DEWA and accomodation contract under my name (sharing an apartment with another fella, meaning two names and two signatures on each of).
For the remaining time (2 mo) I would be leaving UAE and working on another contract for another employer in a remote location.
The remuneration for that 2nd contract would be sent directly to my european bank account.
To my understanding, since my centre of life matters is definately not anymore in that european country, such income would be treated as non-domiciled/ non-resident income and as such be free from local taxation.

I do already fulfill all requirements to be considered a non-resident in that EU state, duration of stay, no family members, active businesses bla bla bla…

Looking forward to what ya’ll think about it.

;-)

You will be fine and if you have the government contract already that will get you a business account easily.

You will be liable for VAT but otherwise you shouldn’t have any problems.

Reactions: mrb
Freelance licenses will be subject to corporate tax starting next year. Don't waste your money/time and incorporate a FZ company.
If im right the threshold is AED 375,000, so it only makes sense with lower income.

What if the gov employer doesnt exist anymore and the whole employment deal halts?
Would I still be eligible to the benefits of the visa and tax residency of the UAE’s system based just on my active freelance visa?

I‘ve seen on other forums, that a residential property contract is required for opening a bank account.
could anyone confirm that?
Freelance visa = Freelance work permit + UAE residency visa. It gives you the right to work and live in UAE (as long as it's valid).

i could say the same.
Abu dhabi DED freelance permit is different to 2454 freelance permit.
even the pricing are different

and more….

Free Zones

Will a free zone business be subject to UAE CT?
Free zone businesses will be subject to UAE CT, but the UAE CT regime will continue to honour the CT incentives currently being offered to free zone businesses that comply with all regulatory requirements and that do not conduct business with mainland UAE.

i could say the same.
Abu dhabi DED freelance permit is different to 2454 freelance permit.
even the pricing are different

and more….
There aren't 2454 different freelance permits. It is DDA for Dubai or ADDED for Abu Dhabi but certainly there is no such thing as "mainland freelance".

Anyway as I said before all freelance licenses are subject to corporate tax, period. You can check the official link below ;)

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 22.40.53.png

Reactions: troubled soul
IMO , Freelance is visa for the people who does not want to depend on their employer for VISA...As New Green/Golden Visa introduce....It is meaningless to go to Freelance visa....It is too much headache....Keep in mind that micro level detail of law in UAE is very unclear at bottom of the Government Employee. Sometime bottom level Government or Free zone employee are clueless about very detail....better to avoid any expectation from them..

Just apply for new Green/Golden Visa, In 2022 Freelance visa is useless..

Reactions: Parsifal
I provided a link from the Ministry of Finance that clearly shows freelance licenses are subject to CT, but you are still trying to deny it. I have a different link for your situation, please check it below.
The below excerpt is from the lińk you have provided before.
Do you even read what you paste here?

Free Zones

Free zone businesses will be subject to UAE CT, but the UAE CT regime will continue to honour the CT incentives currently being offered to free zone businesses that comply with all regulatory requirements and that do not conduct business with mainland UAE

The below excerpt is from the lińk you have provided before.
Do you even read what you paste here?

Free Zones

Free zone businesses will be subject to UAE CT, but the UAE CT regime will continue to honour the CT incentives currently being offered to free zone businesses that comply with all regulatory requirements and that do not conduct business with mainland UAE
Why you're still copying/pasting information about freezones? We're talking about freelance licenses... Do you think freezone and freelance are the same thing?

Tecom is a freezone, i believe 2454 as well,
many freezones across the country are offering their freelance permit
As I expected, you do not know how TECOM and freelance permit work. The first thing is that TECOM does not offer their freelance permit. If you get a freelance license from TECOM, then your license permit will be issued by DDA(Dubai Development Authority) and it is a sole practitioner permit. I have a freelance permit from TECOM for 4 years...

The second thing freezone companies can be exempted from CT not freelance/sole practitioner licenses!

Reactions: Konstanz and Don

Latest Threads