Our valued sponsor

What is your experience with Currenxie ?

They are ok and the system is still developing. They accept to open accounts for many jurisdictions but also have a long list of limited countries to send/receive money. They are best used for transactions with China, HongKong, Singapore, Taiwan, US, EU but not for a lot of developing countries. Exchange rate is close to Wise rate, transfering is fast, fee is good. But no mobile app, and you need to get pre-approved beneficiaries before you can send funds. I have not ordered VISA card but maybe for HongKong residents only

After a few months without issues, Currenxie blocked a transfer (€30k) sent from my company account with them to my personal account in the SEPA area. They say that their banking partner (LHV) is reviewing it.
The transfer is shown as executed on Currenxie 3 days ago.
Anyone has experience with other EMIs using LHV?

After a few months without issues, Currenxie blocked a transfer (€30k) sent from my company account with them to my personal account in the SEPA area. They say that their banking partner (LHV) is reviewing it.
Yes - it's always the same even with the HK Fintechs - as soon as the underlaying Bank/EMI makes issues - your money is stuck.

I was told from several clients that the shared account from DBS HK which Currenxie provides is 0 Questions - so you may ask Currenxie if the payment fails to send by Wire Transfer with DBS HK.

However what a shitshow - never seen a SEPA payment gets stuck for such a small amount.

That is normal for all Fintechs and Traditional Banks. You need to provide supporting documents and answer precisely their questions. Currenxie don't ask you, only their partner Banks ask you and it can be random

After a week, they decided I can dispose of my money. I provided them with my personal tax returns (which I already did when I opened the account):

Thank you for providing the additional documents.

The payment has been released and should be credited to your account soon.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reactions: JohnLocke

Latest Threads