Our valued sponsor

Whats your thoughts about Transferwise now?

Not received the card yet.. but I loaded the initial amount to get the card with my debit card, but they also accept bank transfer and some payment processor.

Another problem now is that PayPal only allow to add accounts in Swedish kroner so that means you will need to have a nationality which Transferwise support in local currency and that match the paypal account.

Have you tried to open kroner account in tw?

so this is an ad for that company? if so my apologise thought we were just talking about companies that one uses to transfer money.
hmmm, it's a question about Transferwise, have you read the title?

I’ve been using TW borderless account for one year in order to receive Eur in SEPA and transfer Eur to outside of SEPA. So far, so good, everything has been going smooth.
But still I don’t have any experience receiving Eur from outside of SEPA.
I read some topics; some say yes, some say receiving Eur from outside of SEPA not possible into TW account.
Does anyone have any experience if is it possible to receive Eur from customers, for instance located in Brazil and Mexica, in Eur currency into TW borderless Eur account?
sorry in advance, maybe it is a basic question but before proceeding, i need a clear view.

I’ve been using TW borderless account for one year in order to receive Eur in SEPA and transfer Eur to outside of SEPA. So far, so good, everything has been going smooth.
I read some topics; some say yes, some say receiving Eur from outside of SEPA not possible into TW account.
Does anyone have any experience if is it possible to receive Eur from customers, for instance located in Brazil and Mexica, in Eur currency into TW borderless Eur account?
sorry in advance, maybe it is a basic question but before proceeding, i need a clear view.
I made a test payment from my local (non-SEPA) account 10 days ago and it hasn't reflected in my TransferWise account yet so I am fully expecting it to bounce back to my local bank.

TW Eur can definitely receive transfers from NON-Sepa.

Reactions: GiGoGo

I have been using TW for over a year to receive EUR from non-SEPA country. No problems so far, although, the process can be a bit slow, usually 4-5 business days.

That may be so. My personal experience says this is not always the case
Don't spread disinformation: TW Eur can receive SWIFT. Then in specific cases (for instance if you get from high-risk countries) they can ask documentations etc.. But I've been using it for so long to get EUR wire transfers from all over the globe with no problems at all.

Reactions: John Andrews
Don't spread disinformation: TW Eur can receive SWIFT. Then in specific cases (for instance if you get from high-risk countries) they can ask documentations etc.. But I've been using it for so long to get EUR wire transfers from all over the globe with no problems at all.
How is my experience misinformation?

I made payments to newly opened N26, Paysera and TransferWise accounts within minutes of each other. The N26 and Paysera funds reflected the following day. It is now 11 days later and still no sign of the payment sent to TransferWise.

I can only second that, no issue with TW and EUR account so far.

I just received the following email from TransferWise support

Thank you for your e-mail and for the attached proof of payment.

I have sent this over to our payments team to take a closer look. Once they've come back to me I'll be able to update you regarding your deposit.

However, if your bank has converted your (local currency) to EUR and then sent it over to your BE banking details, then the transfer will most likely be rejected and the money will be refunded to your original account as your EUR borderless account still cannot receive SWIFT payments. We are in the process of changing this, so please double-check with your local bank, as some banks now do support this payment method to our Belgian accounts, but not all of them yet.

However, let me have this confirmed with our team and I'll get back to you with an update.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,