Mentor Group
Turner Little - Company Formation Agents & Banking Intermediaries.Chat to a member of our sales team.

Wirex Update - New Banking Service Provider

You can place your Text Link AD here for only €175 - it's a cheap way to get in touch with tens of thousands of visitors on OffshoreCorpTalk.
NEW! We offer text link placements in two of the busiest forums.
Requires active Mentor Group Gold membership!

Timo

We're up and running!​
We recently contacted you to let you know about our change of banking service provider.

We’re pleased to tell you that the migration over to our new provider is now complete. This means that your bank account details used for SWIFT/SEPA payments have been replaced with new ones. These should be viewable in-app within 24 hours. After that, please contact Support if you’re not able to see them.

Going forward, please make sure to use these new details for any incoming bank transfers. If you regularly receive payments into your account, please remember to notify the sender of these changes.

If you have any questions about these changes, please have a look through our dedicated FAQ page on the community forum or contact our Support Team.

Thank you for your patience during the switchover and we hope you’re ready to make the most of an upgraded Wirex experience.​

Martin Everson

Offshore Retiree
Mentor Group Gold
Elite Member
I have to be fair to wirexapp they did this with zero downtime. Most other EMI's facing the same problems don't switch over so quickly and tend to send out emails about "payments being suspended while we fix technical issues" ca#"!

CaptK

Nominee Company Bank Account Real Estate Passport
Mentor Group Gold
Didnt even notice anything. I was still transacting throughout.

zarzar

Hello,

My Wirex Business Account is now gone.

I got couple dozen thousands on it linked to my marketing business.

Another day and another EMI gone.

:(

Gediminas

Offshore Tax Advisory
Mentor Group Gold
Commercial Service
Business Angel
Hello,

My Wirex Business Account is now gone.

I got couple dozen thousands on it linked to my marketing business.

Another day and another EMI gone.

:(
Hey, can you elaborate on what you mean "is gone"?

neweraoffshore

IT Nerd Offshore Guy
WireX for business won't work anymore. Transfers are either rejected or stuck in "processing" status. Regulations for business accounts are different and more complex. That's why they still don't have a backup processor for the business accounts.
They may be able to do manual GBP transfers within the next few weeks. But only for GBP, no other currencies. Exchanging BTC/FIAT will continue to work. So in the worst case you can still take out your money via BTC and exhange somewhere else.

Last edited:

Timo

e're updating our Issuer Terms​
Dear cardholder,

In order for your card and account to continue with uninterrupted services when the UK leaves the European Union (Brexit), your Issuer Terms will be updated in October 2020.

If you do not wish to agree to these new Issuer Terms you must close your card and account before October 2020. You will not be charged to close your card and account.

There will be no change to the services provided. However, the e-money services you currently receive will be provided by UAB Finansinės paslaugos “Contis“ rather than Contis Financial Services Ltd. This change will result in a change of governing jurisdiction to Lithuania and an updated complaints procedure. Please note, UK residents will not be effected by this change, but EU residents accounts will now be regulated by Lithuanian law.

These Issuer Terms will replace all previous versions of the Issuer Terms. You can read the new Issuer Terms here.

Kind Regards,
The Wirex Team​

Martin Everson

Offshore Retiree
Mentor Group Gold
Elite Member
Yeah I got that email as well. I may come back to Wirex after brexit. But after being on my third iban in 6 weeks with wirex....no chance I will use them right now.

Mentor Group