Our valued sponsor

Wirex Update - New Banking Service Provider

Timo

BANNED MEMBER
May 16, 2018
Visit site
We're up and running!​
We recently contacted you to let you know about our change of banking service provider.

We’re pleased to tell you that the migration over to our new provider is now complete. This means that your bank account details used for SWIFT/SEPA payments have been replaced with new ones. These should be viewable in-app within 24 hours. After that, please contact Support if you’re not able to see them.

Going forward, please make sure to use these new details for any incoming bank transfers. If you regularly receive payments into your account, please remember to notify the sender of these changes.

If you have any questions about these changes, please have a look through our dedicated FAQ page on the community forum or contact our Support Team.

Thank you for your patience during the switchover and we hope you’re ready to make the most of an upgraded Wirex experience.​

I see they now use LHV Bank Estonia and replaced old ONPEX LU IBAN's with EE IBAN's.

Reactions: Timo
I have to be fair to wirexapp they did this with zero downtime. Most other EMI's facing the same problems don't switch over so quickly and tend to send out emails about "payments being suspended while we fix technical issues" ca#"!

WireX for business won't work anymore. Transfers are either rejected or stuck in "processing" status. Regulations for business accounts are different and more complex. That's why they still don't have a backup processor for the business accounts.
They may be able to do manual GBP transfers within the next few weeks. But only for GBP, no other currencies. Exchanging BTC/FIAT will continue to work. So in the worst case you can still take out your money via BTC and exhange somewhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spinat
Yeah I got that email as well. I may come back to Wirex after brexit. But after being on my third iban in 6 weeks with wirex....no chance I will use them right now.

Did see a message pop up about processing issues in mobile app when I logged in some days ago but it went away quicker then I could read it fully. Not tested BTC but works for ETH and XRP ok.

Reactions: ivan1911
Got that message also. Congratulations to wirexapp for becoming a MasterCard principal member firstly. At least they gave good notice time-frame.

Shame they are just killing of their relationship with Contis so quickly without putting out the replacement multi-currency card. Some overlap would be nice ns2. I look forward anyway to their new multi-currency card like what Revolut and TW have :D

Well at least wirexapp are true to form...lol.

Today Wirex have close my account
but if my wish

The Community Threats
Weekes no SEPA Tranfer In/Out and many ATM Problems with Users

LU IBAN then EE and now no Bank

This company is funny
Traditional Banks Staving Off The EMI's...Good Ol'Trad...cig-:,

I have closed my account by support

It is frusrtrated if you cann not deposit/withdraw by SEPA. For some days is ok but this is over weeks now. See the Threats in the Community with many problems there.
That's the way to use Wirex. Wirex allows you to transfer large amount of money via Bitcoins and other crypto currency.

Here is how it works:

EURO => WIREX => EURO to BITCOIN exchange => Transfer to another wallet => BTC TO EURO exchange => EURO
So, you get unnoticed. Until now, noone asked me to provide AML/KYC after moving 8000 euros per transaction.

Reactions: Cristero

Latest Threads