Our valued sponsor

Please help! Advise on forming a cloud hosting business

Rome

BANNED MEMBER
Feb 18, 2023
Georgia
Visit site
I want to form a cloud hosting business.
We will be deploying virtual private servers and dedicated servers to individuals, businesses and multiplayer games in the US, EU, South America and Asia.
Customers will be able to pay only using reputable cryptocurrencies and privacy coins will be prohibited.
We will also prohibit activities such as torrenting, piracy, vpns, proxies, miners, illegal websites, tor websites, mass mailers etc. We want to be as legally compliant as possible.

What are the most ideal jurisdictions to form the corporation based on requirements below?

1) CIT below 15%
2) Banking structure = Coinbase commerce / Coinspaid business account -> Corporate bank account -> Dividends / Salary -> Personal account
3) Non resident owner (Not a US/EU resident or citizen)
4) Jurisdiction must not be present on the FATF AML Deficient List or the EU Tax Blacklist
5) Business incorporation time =< 1 month

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok @Rome AFAIK with a little over a decade experience, in data centers across the world, the truth is, its a cut throat world out there. There are lots of players with deep pockets, which you will find difficult to undercut. No idea about your experience in this field. There are few questions for you.

1. Google Cloud (GCP) gives $300 credit to be used for 3 months. Digital Ocean $200 for 2 months. Linode $100 for 2 months. AWS free tier for 1 year. Then there's OVH, Hetzner and a host of German Hostings with rock bottom pricing - How do you intend to outprice them?

2. What would be your USP? BuyVM one of the largest selling VPS providers, profits from allowing Tor exit nodes, torrenting seedboxes and VPN. They accept Bitcoin and other crypto - no questions asked, no ip check, no personal details whatsoever, so What would be your USP?

3. Lowendtalk is an amazing source of information for you. Your question will be best answered by experts over there.

4. Why crypto, when you won't allow any so-called illegal activity? coz BTC is a s**t magnet in the server world. (You can easily hide behind mixers and off chain, using Monero)

So, that brings me to the last question, What do you exactly want? Do you want to round trip BTC so as to make it look legal and get a verifiable SoF (source of funds) for your crypto? In that case, its very difficult to accomplish the way you have decided. A normal question would be why only allow Crypto as a mode of payment for your cloud hosting and why not normal payment modes like card/paypal which will help you to verify your customers ( or you aren't worried about customer verification and that will invariably lead to server abuse)? What will happen if somebody not satisfied with your service asks for a refund - remember if you refund crypto, then you will abet money laundering ( as a mixer service ).

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry1911
Ok @Rome AFAIK with a little over a decade experience, in data centers across the world, the truth is, its a cut throat world out there. There are lots of players with deep pockets, which you will find difficult to undercut. No idea about your experience in this field. There are few questions for you.

1. Google Cloud (GCP) gives $300 credit to be used for 3 months. Digital Ocean $200 for 2 months. Linode $100 for 2 months. AWS free tier for 1 year. Then there's OVH, Hetzner and a host of German Hostings with rock bottom pricing - How do you intend to outprice them?

2. What would be your USP? BuyVM one of the largest selling VPS providers, profits from allowing Tor exit nodes, torrenting seedboxes and VPN. They accept Bitcoin and other crypto - no questions asked, no ip check, no personal details whatsoever, so What would be your USP?

3. Lowendtalk is an amazing source of information for you. Your question will be best answered by experts over there.

4. Why crypto, when you won't allow any so-called illegal activity? coz BTC is a s**t magnet in the server world. (You can easily hide behind mixers and off chain, using Monero)

So, that brings me to the last question, What do you exactly want? Do you want to round trip BTC so as to make it look legal and get a verifiable SoF (source of funds) for your crypto? In that case, its very difficult to accomplish the way you have decided. A normal question would be why only allow Crypto as a mode of payment for your cloud hosting and why not normal payment modes like card/paypal which will help you to verify your customers ( or you aren't worried about customer verification and that will invariably lead to server abuse)? What will happen if somebody not satisfied with your service asks for a refund - remember if you refund crypto, then you will abet money laundering ( as a mixer service ).

My business will be targeting certain regions and niche communities. I mentioned gaming services because I have connections with several large Rust, Mincecraft, Dayz and TF2 gaming communities. I don't want to deal with chargebacks and that's why I don't want to accept fiat.

I forgot to add that accepting cryptocurrency is not for the benefit of the customers but for mine. Billing details collection will be enforced

Last edited:
Reactions: sinos
My business will be targeting certain regions and niche communities. I mentioned gaming services because I have connections with several large Rust, Mincecraft, Dayz and TF2 gaming communities. I don't want to deal with chargebacks and that's why I don't want to accept fiat.
Great! In that case, I can suggest the US as a jurisdiction and single member LLC ( which will be pass through). You can easily use Coinbase with an US LLC. Mercury as a corporate bank account will also work. If you decide to go with Mercury, consider few US based cloud providers as your suppliers. Leaseweb, DigitalOcean and Vultr might work.

Great! In that case, I can suggest the US as a jurisdiction and single member LLC ( which will be pass through). You can easily use Coinbase with an US LLC. Mercury as a corporate bank account will work. If you decide to go with Mercury, consider few US based cloud providers as your suppliers. Leaseweb, DigitalOcean and Vultr might work.
How does Bermuda compare to it based on your opinion?

How does Bermuda compare to it based on your opinion?
Banking is going to be tricky if not difficult. If you have existing relationship/bank accounts, then ok.

Coinbase ( US LLC) > Mercury > Cayman/UAE FZ (entity bank account) > Personal account/dividend

UAE CIT can be 0 % if used through software route (IP Box).

Last edited: