Our valued sponsor

Can anyone recommend a credit card processor for a digital marketing firm based in Georgia?

Ron

Oct 26, 2017
Visit site
That's Georgia the country not the state. Having a hell of a time finding one that works. Local banks say they won't issue merchant accounts for "services", probably not true but I cannot get past their idiot departments. I really don't want to use PayPal for many reasons although it works (kind of).

I want any solution where a user can pay with a credit card online and they can enter their card details without having to sign up for an account. I don't mind if I have to mail them a link and they enter the details on the processors site or if I can embed the payment form on my own site - either way works for me.

The business is not of gray area legality nor "high risk" in any way. We had a company based used stripe without a problem for years without a single chargeback but stripe doesn't work for Georgia. We moved to Georgia recently.

Thanks!

Reactions: JohnLocke
Have you looked at Instabill or Payzera ?

I think you mean Paysera, yea I think they rejected it for some unknown reason but I guess need to revisit it because now when I logged in it looks like the verification was never done but I swear I did it.

I am waiting for an answer from Instabill for several days now, no updates so far.

You may have a look at Payza. I've been using them for a few years as an individual, and I like them because they accept bitcoin transactions. Don't know if they work with Georgia, though, but there's nothing on their website which says they don't.

Now, another subject if you don't mind. You wrote you moved to Georgia recently, may I ask how much you paid to set up a company there? I suppose it's an LLC, right? Thanks.

I can't get Payza to work at all. Their website is awful. I cannot upload the files I need to upload. I thought to try a different browser but when I tried to login it says my password is incorrect. I know it isn't because I use a password manager. I reset it anyway. Same thing.

I'm sorry and surprised about your experience. I've never used Payza much, I'm using Skrill and Paypal much more, but it worked when I needed it.
Back to your problem, you still can get some kind of a standard bank account for your company in Georgia, right? You just need a service to process credit card transactions?
I've found this list:
Category:Banks of Georgia (country) - Wikipedia
Not much choice...

I guess I would try the largest bank, and ask for a solution. What do they propose for a customer who's doing online sales? If your business is fully legit and straightforward, they should at least make a proposal, or direct you to a competent third party.

I guess I would try the largest bank, and ask for a solution. What do they propose for a customer who's doing online sales? If your business is fully legit and straightforward, they should at least make a proposal, or direct you to a competent third party.

LOL. You would think, but the Georgian bank employees are dumber that dog s**t. My bank said "fill out this application" and then "we need to discuss that"... for two weeks... and then they said "We don't offer credit card processing for services, there must be a product."

Well, I'm sorry for you, but I thank you for info. This tells a lot about Georgia. I'm looking at all non AEOI countries, and Georgia looks good on the web, it promises a lot but it doesn't deliver much...
Paysafe is expensive and usually picky, but you may look at it.
Otherwise, you can't be the only one in the country selling services on the web. See what the others are doing.

Well, I'm sorry for you, but I thank you for info. This tells a lot about Georgia. I'm looking at all non AEOI countries, and Georgia looks good on the web, it promises a lot but it doesn't deliver much...
Paysafe is expensive and usually picky, but you may look at it.
Otherwise, you can't be the only one in the country selling services on the web. See what the others are doing.

What's AEOI?

Georgia is fine except for the credit card issue. If that gets fixed than great, but otherwise it's fairly useless.

I am trying to see what others do but no success so far.

AEOI is a group of 100 countries which have teamed up to squeeze the maximum money they can get from their citizens. There's a list here: http://www.oecd.org/tax/transparency/AEOI-commitments.pdf

Back to your problem, check Paysafe.com, and you may look at online betting as an example if there's a Georgian website doing that.

Besides, about doing business in Georgia, do you know what are the reporting requirements for a LLC which would be registered in Georgia, but which would not do any business in Georgia (hence, no tax)? Thanks.

Thanks a lot for this very valuable information! I had read many times Georgian companies doing only foreign business weren't taxed, but I thought it was all LLC, it wasn't written anywhere it was only IT companies.

Back to your problem, if Paysafe doesn't work, Paypal has many satisfied users.

Thanks a lot for this very valuable information! I had read many times Georgian companies doing only foreign business weren't taxed, but I thought it was all LLC, it wasn't written anywhere it was only IT companies.

Back to your problem, if Paysafe doesn't work, Paypal has many satisfied users.

I never heard that but if it's true it makes Georgia more attractive.

PayPal's fees are outrageous and they have a habbit of randomly closing accounts and keeping the money for six months if you're lucky and forever if you're not. They also don't link to local bank accounts all over much of Europe. They will only let you withdraw to a card which involves another high fee and a low limit.

Regarding taxation in Georgia, I've found the idea of territorial taxation for companies there:
Taxation in Georgia

I wish I could find other info on that, because info on a government's website doesn't give that same information:
Useful Guides

About Paypal, a lot depends of when and where you started with them. I opened my Paypal account years ago, in Switzerland, and I used to transfer money from a well known Swiss bank. Never any problem.

Latest Threads