Our valued sponsor

Delaware privacy for c-corp

tomboy

Member Plus
Jun 14, 2019
Visit site
hi all

i know owners of a delaware or wyoming llc are not appearing on any public registry and therefore benefit from total privacy
for instance, owners of a C-corp do not enjoy this privacy after the initial filing, every Delaware corporation is required to file a Franchise Tax payment, in doing so, must list the names and addresses of the company's directors and one officers

my question is : what if I open a llc but taxed as c-corp ? will I enjoy privacy or will I be treated as a c-corp and appear on public registry?

thx in advance

I also have a questions in regards to Delaware and Wyoming formations... I want to set up an events management firm with 2 other partners (americans) once this is formed we will use this formation to set up a uae branch fzco office. Can someone explain and advise on the taxing regulations involved with the first structure having americans as partner directors and also privacy concerns as I don't want to appear on any registers with the usa llc set up.

hi all

i know owners of a delaware or wyoming llc are not appearing on any public registry and therefore benefit from total privacy
for instance, owners of a C-corp do not enjoy this privacy after the initial filing, every Delaware corporation is required to file a Franchise Tax payment, in doing so, must list the names and addresses of the company's directors and one officers

my question is : what if I open a llc but taxed as c-corp ? will I enjoy privacy or will I be treated as a c-corp and appear on public registry?

thx in advance
Taxings a llc as a corporation is something you notify irs about and does not affect the state company registration procedures.

Reactions: tomboy
100% sure. Owners of a Delaware LLC do not appear in any public record.
not to forget that certain us states - can confirm this fact for wyoming where we are licenced to offer corporate services - allow llc's becoming managed not by its "owner(s)" - called members in a llc - but by a MANAGER that can be a corporate body residing outside of the usa... offshore (whatever that expression means/includes these days) f.e.

Delaware and Wyoming Companies can be very confidential ad generally do not hold Member and Manager information publicly.
well, at least ONE "representative" has so sign the annual report - to become filed once a year and being a public document - therefore to avoid publication of an INDIVIDUAL we prefer to offer our clients management of their entities through a LEGAL ENTITY LOCATED OUTSIDE OF THE USA

well, at least ONE "representative" has so sign the annual report - to become filed once a year and being a public document - therefore to avoid publication of an INDIVIDUAL we prefer to offer our clients management of their entities through a LEGAL ENTITY LOCATED OUTSIDE OF THE USA
Yes in the vast majority of cases ourselves we will appoint none US nominee Members and Managers either on a corporate or individual basis as the client prefers.

I never heard about that before, if you say so it may be true.
100% sure. Owners of a Delaware LLC do not appear in any public record.
owners (in a llc called "members") only can profit from a total anonymity status if their structure is MANAGEMENT MANAGED... that means day to day operations are done through a MANAGEMENT COMPANY contracted... can be resident outside of the usa and, as the name "management COMPANY" sys, can be a legal entity

AFAIK, whether an LLC is managed by members or managers is in the operating agreement, which is not normally subject to public disclosure and known to the state. How would privacy be affected by whether a company is member-managed or manager-managed? The members and managers are not disclosed to the state in many of the more popular jurisdictions. The annual return can often be filed by the registered agent acting as a nominee.

Reactions: tomboy
It depends on the state, some states does not force you to disclose either managers or members. Someone has to fill out and sign the form, but this could be anybody and doesn't have to be a member or manager.
In some states you can chose to show members or managers on the organisation documents, and this can make it easier to open a bank account (if it's in your name). Some banks require it.

AFAIK, whether an LLC is managed by members or managers is in the operating agreement, which is not normally subject to public disclosure and known to the state. How would privacy be affected by whether a company is member-managed or manager-managed? The members and managers are not disclosed to the state in many of the more popular jurisdictions. The annual return can often be filed by the registered agent acting as a nominee.
agree with you 100%.
first of all - the choice is between : member - managed or manager - managed and this affect in no way the privacy of DE LLC.

Latest Threads