Our valued sponsor

Does the Holy Grial exist?

isp00rt

BANNED MEMBER
Jun 11, 2019
Visit site
Dear all,

This is what I have: I'm running a small businness website offering online 1 on 1 tutoring services. I'm paid in crypto only so far but I want to widen my market to mainstream clients. So I need the Holy Grial.

And this is what I'm lookinf for: 1) A payment gateway accepting credit cards from my clients, 2) Offering them a crypto wallet (remember they are mainstream), 3) and then thansferring the payment from his/her wallet to mine.

I tried simplex.com, but the do not offer cryptowallet, so I need to pay for an additional turn-key service doing that. It's WAY more expensive and very inconvenient for mainstream clients.

Every suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Bitpay doesn't pay in crypto. They exchange payments into EUR/USD automatically and then transfer it into a bank account. I want the crypto directly into my wallet, without any intermadiate bank.
Coinbase Commerce doesn't offer point 2 above. Mainstream clients will not create a one-use only wallet for my service.

This is why I called the Holy Grial! ;)

BitPay does pay in crypto, stablecoins and fiat as well.

Reactions: GiGoGo
QUOTE="rewindghost, post: 112779, member: 10965"]
Im sure but its right on their homepage: “Accept crypto, get paid in BTC/USDC/BCH”
[/QUOTE]

LOL, You're right. awe¤""% They look interesting, but they ask for too much personal info. Coinbase Commerce is a peer-to-peer service with no questions asked. That's a LOT better, but they don't provide cryptowallets for mainstream clients. Any suggestion as to how to fix that pain in the a*s? ns2

I dont really understand how a built in cryptowallet would help with mainstream clients? If they have the knowledge to pay with crypto, I think they can understand how they can transfer coins from another wallet or exchange. By the way BitPay’s real advantage is the instant settlement: if a customer pays you 100 usd, you will receive 99 usd in stablecoin or fiat. Coinbase Commerce dont have this feature, you have to do the exchange manually which is risky because of high volatility.

Coinbase Commerce is a peer-to-peer service with no questions asked. That's a LOT better, but they don't provide cryptowallets for mainstream clients. Any suggestion as to how to fix that pain in the a*s?
Well, blockchain.com offer crypto wallet without any KYC, your customer can signup right away there, but how would they get the crypto? They will need to buy some first which most often require KYC!

Coinbase is great as a gateway to accept crypto for customers that already have a crypto wallet and crypto on stock.

I dont really understand how a built in cryptowallet would help with mainstream clients? If they have the knowledge to pay with crypto, I think they can understand how they can transfer coins from another wallet or exchange. By the way BitPay’s real advantage is the instant settlement: if a customer pays you 100 usd, you will receive 99 usd in stablecoin or fiat.

I'm not sure this is what they do. I read their FAQ section and they say they create a cryptowallet for the new client and then money is moved from his/her cryptowallet to mine, but are you sure it is an automatic process? I will ask them directly.

Well, blockchain.com offer crypto wallet without any KYC, your customer can signup right away there, but how would they get the crypto? They will need to buy some first which most often require KYC!

Coinbase is great as a gateway to accept crypto for customers that already have a crypto wallet and crypto on stock.

I see that is the key problem. Crypto payments require a cryptowallet you like it or not. I'm afraid this can be an obstacle for mainstream clients who doesn't know o simply dislike crypto in general. :confused: Anyway, I will take a look on all these suggestions.

Right, but there is a minimum amount to buy, €50. My prices are usually lower than that, so not a solution for me. But thank you for the info.
Setup your own BTC payment server. Not that hard, although you will only be able to accept the coins you setup, which is a hassle, as with a provider you can accept 100s, but if you just want to accept BTC sound like it is the way for you to do. Will have a dev / maintenance cost though but if you want functionality that no provider provides it is your only way to go

I don't get it, what exactly is the problem here? stupid crypto users or customers that simply don't know about how this modern world works?

Reactions: rewindghost
Setup your own BTC payment server. Not that hard, although you will only be able to accept the coins you setup, which is a hassle, as with a provider you can accept 100s, but if you just want to accept BTC sound like it is the way for you to do. Will have a dev / maintenance cost though but if you want functionality that no provider provides it is your only way to go

I'm not a programmer, so I have no idea how to do it. Any suggestion?

I don't get it, what exactly is the problem here? stupid crypto users or customers that simply don't know about how this modern world works?

The problem is mainstream clients. They are SOOOOO lazy to open a cryptowallet that they are annoying the whole day asking for a 'normal' way to pay. :( Crypto clients are NOT the problem. Guys thinking that having crypto makes them terroritst is (not kidding) eek¤%&

Latest Threads