Our valued sponsor

EMI with a local IBAN in UAE

@JustAnotherNomad
Most UAE banks are offering lots of currencies. For example, you can open those currencies with Mashreq:

AED - UAE Dirham
AUD - Australian Dollar
BHD - Bahraini Dollar
CAD - Canadian Dollar
CNY - Chinese Yuan
EGP - Egyptian Pound
EUR - Euro
GBP - Great British Pound
JOD - Jordanian Dinar
JPY - Japanese’s Yen
KWD - Kuwaiti Dinar
NZD - New Zealand Dollar
OMR - Omani Riyal
QAR - Qatar Riyal
SAR - Saudi Arabian Riyal
USD - United States Dollar

Reactions: CaptK
I get it now @rowena and do you have an idea if we can open a regular bank account in the UAE remotely ?
Only private banking ( for deposit of 200k $+ ) the amount can be different from bank to bank.

another way to do it remotely if you have UAE ID then yes possible as if you are in UAE, other than these 2 options not possible

even for people who live in UAE opening a bank account can be a headache

You can't open a bank account remotely without visa/emirates id.

You can open a non-resident bank account with a tourist visa but you need to apply a higher tier of service level like priority banking/gold etc... It is not private banking and generally requires around $100K. If you go with any private banking service then you need to deposit a minimum $1M.

You can't open a bank account remotely without visa/emirates id.

You can open a non-resident bank account with a tourist visa but you need to apply a higher tier of service level like priority banking/gold etc... It is not private banking and generally requires around $100K. If you go with any private banking service then you need to deposit a minimum $1M.

Standard Chartered and Masreq used to do it with 10K deposits on a tourist visa. On the basis you are wanting to buy property for investment "eventually".

Reactions: JustAnotherNomad
We opened a non-resident bank account for my friend at Mashreq 5-6 months ago. Their website is saying that you can open basic non-resident account but the reality is different. We went to the branch and they informed us they will only process the Gold tier(AED 300K min) application. There are extra KYC procedures for non-resident accounts and they simply don't want to deal with extra KYC processes for low-amount accounts. They opened my friend's bank account after 7-10 days(some questions, documents etc..).