Our valued sponsor

Ethereum up 1100 US$ insane!

Isn't ethereum a cryptocurrency without a fixed, limited amount? In other words its creator can generate as much as desired?
yes ethereum doesn't have a fixed supply, no the creator cannot create more as they wish.
ethereum are created by the algorithm to reward people who run the program on a computer, they also earn on transaction fees which are extremely profitable these days ...
the inflation rate is like 4% or something if I am not mistaken.

bitcoin work the same way but it will stop issuing new coin around the year 2140 at 21M bitcoin, after that date people running bitcoin will only earn on fees.
ethereum will always issue new coins, there is no max supply in the code.

yes ethereum doesn't have a fixed supply, no the creator cannot create more as they wish.
ethereum are created by the algorithm to reward people who run the program on a computer, they also earn on transaction fees which are extremely profitable these days ...
the inflation rate is like 4% or something if I am not mistaken.

bitcoin work the same way but it will stop issuing new coin around the year 2140 at 21M bitcoin, after that date people running bitcoin will only earn on fees.
ethereum will always issue new coins, there is no max supply in the code.
idk.. no fixed supply doesn't sound very appealing.. toilet paper would be way more valuable to me.

Reactions: extremedox101
and down, below 950 US$ - it looks as investors taking profits from the weekends heights.
just had a look into things, seems in the last 24/48 hours everything has taken a pretty hefty hit. Most bounced back 60% +/- of the drop and seem stabilised, others hit quite hard and not made any noticable recovery.

IS this the start of the big 2021 crash? Same 2018? Wasn't that about the same time?

just had a look into things, seems in the last 24/48 hours everything has taken a pretty hefty hit. Most bounced back 60% +/- of the drop and seem stabilised, others hit quite hard and not made any noticable recovery.

IS this the start of the big 2021 crash? Same 2018? Wasn't that about the same time?
SP500 is down 2% yesterday, first market day of the year, only tesla is up lol
The fact that btc is still above 30k and eth above 1k (crazy!) today Is absolutely a good sign.

What is looming in 2021 is the insolvency crisis narrative that will destroy every asset class, i mean except tesla of course smi(&%

Crypto today is nothing like in 2018 at all, so much of the narrative has changed since then ...

If you are affraid for your crypto investment now that mean you don't have a plan or a solid narrative and are just fomoing into it. unless you are a day trader, this is a terrible way to invest and grow your capital !

Reactions: JohnLocke
If you are affraid for your crypto investment now that mean you don't have a plan or a solid narrative and are just fomoing into it. unless you are a day trader, this is a terrible way to invest and grow your capital !
I openly admit I know nothing of it. Haven't followed it all. I sort of walked blindly into owning ETH and BTC over the years (offered software sales in crypto and just ignored it). Now they are worth something about $120k. Tell me last year I could cash out at 120k as a sort of unexpected bonus and I'd have bit your hand off. But today, greed has entered and am unsure if should hold out for more $$$. But if you asked me if I wanted to gamble $120k fiat on BTC I would say "definitely not". But as these coins have just had, it doesn't seem like it's really, so tempted to see.

Question is, would I feel more stupid for cashing out now and losing out on BTC going to $50k later this year. Or feel more stupid when BTC crashes down to $10k.

I think, I just don't have the balls for this level of investing tbh and will cash out at $30k+ Maybe keep a BTC coin and a handful of ETH

I openly admit I know nothing of it. Haven't followed it all. I sort of walked blindly into owning ETH and BTC over the years (offered software sales in crypto and just ignored it). Now they are worth something about $120k. Tell me last year I could cash out at 120k as a sort of unexpected bonus and I'd have bit your hand off. But today, greed has entered and am unsure if should hold out for more $$$. But if you asked me if I wanted to gamble $120k fiat on BTC I would say "definitely not". But as these coins have just had, it doesn't seem like it's really, so tempted to see.

Question is, would I feel more stupid for cashing out now and losing out on BTC going to $50k later this year. Or feel more stupid when BTC crashes down to $10k.

I think, I just don't have the balls for this level of investing tbh and will cash out at $30k+ Maybe keep a BTC coin and a handful of ETH
this dilemma you have at the moment is nothing special and every "amateur" investor is facing this problem

forget about the past, for how much you opened your position or how did you get your coins - it has no memory and it's totally irrelevant

now you HAVE 120k and it doesn't matter if in crypto or USD

only one question matters... would you NOW invest 120k to BTC (or whatever you hold)?
YES - then HODL
NO - cash out

simple as that - well, don't forget to add taxes to your calculations but you got my point I guess

Reactions: nomad999

the upside of btc for the year is above 100k being very conservative, this is the general consensus among many research published on it.
the downside is -40% at most according to past price action during a bull market.

on one side you gain above 250k, on the other you lose 50k.
I'll take that bet any day personally, your life won't change if you lose 50k.

btw maybe its time to start learning about investing ? or do you prefer to work like a f*****g slave all your life ?

how so? BTC went over double it's previous ATH, ETH barely passed it's previous ATH.
Eth is the most used blockchain for smart contract far ahead of the competition and most of the defi projects are on it which have all huge volume and with tons of locked up Eth.
Also with the network upgrade to proof of stake there is above 2M eth locked up for staking (and still growing) until the network upgrade is completed within the next 12 to 24 months.
Overall thats a huge drop in the supply of Eth with still a crazy demand, perfect recipe for a price explosion.

the ethbtc chart is the most bullish a chart can ever be.

We will see if CME Ethereum future starting in february will have a positive impact on the price or not ... thats debatable, some say they pop the bubble in 2017 by introducing bitcoin future ... i think the hype around Eth is too big to be undermine like this but I could be wrong.

Its not without risk but the reward far outweight the risk imho, if you can stand the volatility that is smi(&%

Damn we got rejected again at ath, the resistance is strong !

Eth is the most used blockchain for smart contract far ahead of the competition and most of the defi projects are on it which have all huge volume and with tons of locked up Eth.
Also with the network upgrade to proof of stake there is above 2M eth locked up for staking (and still growing) until the network upgrade is completed within the next 12 to 24 months.
Overall thats a huge drop in the supply of Eth with still a crazy demand, perfect recipe for a price explosion.

the ethbtc chart is the most bullish a chart can ever be.

We will see if CME Ethereum future starting in february will have a positive impact on the price or not ... thats debatable, some say they pop the bubble in 2017 by introducing bitcoin future ... i think the hype around Eth is too big to be undermine like this but I could be wrong.

Its not without risk but the reward far outweight the risk imho, if you can stand the volatility that is smi(&%

Damn we got rejected again at ath, the resistance is strong !
I have been reading on ETH, but am just a novice. I have read a lot of what you say, but equally the current gas fees are killing ETH as a useful tech. There seems to be a lot of faith put in 2.0 but it seems like a continual rumour that isn't as close to being ready as some say. I agree ETH has potential, and definitely has first mover advantage, but there are new crypto projects snapping at it's heals (supposedly) with some of the issues with ETH already fixed. I'm sure the ETH guys will fix these issues, just a question of will they do it and remain the leading smart contract tech or will they get overtaken and go down in history as the first mover, but now the overall winner.

Still, I wish I picked up a few grands worth when I noticed ETH down at $100, but at that point and 2-3 years of down down down I had no faith it wasn't completely finished. Hindsight is a marvellous thing, but even if I did pick them up at $100, I'd have sold them still this bull run at $1300 and not risk hodling for future.

Still, I think a big price correction will come and will perhaps try and get some on the low price

Latest Threads