Our valued sponsor

Holding offshore - Delaware or BVI?

Leo

Nov 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys, I need to set up an offshore for a client of mine from Brazil. She is entering in a business deal and wants to protect it by setting a holding company offshore. We've been thinking about BVI or Delaware. Which do you guys recommend? Could you indicate where I can find information on the costs involved for the formation and for basic operations (obtaining translated copies of company statutes, having a power of attorney issued by the company, etc.)?

Also, could you guys give me some indication of what service providers are trustworthy to assist in the the formation of the company? I found this site looking for information on SFM Offshore and apparently it's not a good choice.

Thanks for any advice you guys can give, I'm pretty new to this!

The deal will be taking place in Brazil. The idea is to set up an offshore which will be the sole partner of a Brazilian company who will then be making the deal. In Brazil unfortunately the idea of "limited liability" is solemnly ignored, so you need to resort to this kind of structure to protect your own assets from eventually being seized in case of corporate debts.

Reactions: diablo