Our valued sponsor

I assure you Bitcoin is going down to Zero in 2023!

Really funny! I believe it will go up to 100K US$ by the end of this year, after that it may fall.

Alternative forms of money require a benign government to allow for their proliferation, but a benign government negates the need for alternative forms of money. This is a political problem, and no amount of Bitcoin will help when the political eye turns against you.

I have no idea what Bitcoin will be worth in 2023. I can tell you that it will not be real money, just as it is not real money today. And it will not be the solution that many people hoped that it would be.

The crypto clique wear blinders in this regard. This sums up the problem nicely:

crypto #2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Vor
@Golden Fleece the idea you pasted makes sense if people only transact real goods and services in fiat currency. The on and off ramps would then be the barrier between crypto and real-world transactions.

However, people are using crypto for cross border payments. People are buying apartments, villas, fine art, fines wines, etc. with crypto. Cryptocurrency is no longer the world of "Bitcoin pizza" or "can you buy a coffee with Bitcoin" that the media push.

There are real threats to crypto (and other media of exchange) in Western countries, particularly in the form of a Washington-Brussels alliance to try to re-assert the hegemony of their currencies. But fiat off-ramps do not in themselves represent the limit of crypto adoption.

Reactions: troubled soul
@Golden Fleece the idea you pasted makes sense if people only transact real goods and services in fiat currency. The on and off ramps would then be the barrier between crypto and real-world transactions.

However, people are using crypto for cross border payments. People are buying apartments, villas, fine art, fines wines, etc. with crypto. Cryptocurrency is no longer the world of "Bitcoin pizza" or "can you buy a coffee with Bitcoin" that the media push.

There are real threats to crypto (and other media of exchange) in Western countries, particularly in the form of a Washington-Brussels alliance to try to re-assert the hegemony of their currencies. But fiat off-ramps do not in themselves represent the limit of crypto adoption.
wrong bitcoin is only accepted because owners get paid in fiat and not crypto as there is an instant exchange

wrong bitcoin is only accepted because owners get paid in fiat and not crypto as there is an instant exchange

There are many people who measure their wealth in fiat and only use crypto for transactions, moving the crypto to or from their bank account.

There are other people who just do not think in that way. Their wealth is in crypto and fiat currencies are foreign.

For example we can reverse the "get paid in fiat" thinking easily by hearing people say "I hate how my rent has gone up recently". This is because they are paying rent in their landlord's fiat currency but it's costing 50% more than it did in November. To such people, the price of USD (and therefore their rent) has gone up but their money (in crypto) has stayed the same. Similarly crypto to crypto transactions between people who measure their wealth in crypto are stable and not subject to the volatility of fiat currencies. I write crypto, but for now I find that people in this situation tend to be primarily in either BTC or ETH and everything else is measured by that currency.

It's just relativity.

Crypto came to stay. Something had to replace black money!

Crypto came to stay. Something had to replace black money!
Well, this 24-February-2022 is a decisive day for BTC (and all other crypto which follows BTC): If it does not completely collapse in the wake of the current geopolitical crisis it might indeed be here to stay.
  • Will there be a new ATH in 2022: Highly unlikely.
  • Is this important: No.
  • What is important: That overall volatility comes down in order for BTC to be taken seriously ... (... as a store of value, which it currently is not - sorry Mr. Saylor).

Reactions: Simon4466
Just merely speaking from a matter of facts, of course the price is highly unlikely $0. Even just because millions - if not billions - has already been invested in crypto startups, who will simply ensure some liquidity.

It of course is possible that we enter another bear market, but this is what makes crypto a speculative asset. It is extremely risky, but spreading additional FUD makes no sense. Also, the fact that your source exists out of a remix of some dude saying it is going to $0 makes me think you're just here to troll us ;).

Latest Threads