Our valued sponsor

I need a lawyer to solve the problem (any suggestions)

Blackcrypto

Oct 30, 2021
LT
Visit site
Hello,

I think i need a lawyer. The problem is as follows:
There is someone who contacted me on binance he wants to buy BTC
He gets the account where he needs to pay and he told me that he made the payment but the transfer hasn't arrived 19 days ago.
The bank i used in Lithuania confirmed that the transfer did not arrive at all, and i got a confirmation letter from the bank regarding this.
The buyer sent me the transfer receipt (when i contacted Wise, they told me that the receipt is not a genuine Wise receipt)
The buyer made a video from his account "Wise" confirming that he made the transfer.
But Wise told us that the receipt is not a genuine Wise receipt.
Please is there a solution?
Is it necessary to hire a lawyer and who do you recommend?.

Sorry for my English.

Reactions: lory and clemens
Have you initiated a SCT inquiry or a SWIFT trace?
Hey,
No wise told that if i need anything you need to ask the sender to contact us not you
When i asked him he doesn't help me at all
When i send the recepit to WISE they said this is not wise a genuine wise recepit
I think the sender is scammer
I really i don't understand anything

Yes, you are being scammed. The sender has not sent the money. If he had, he would be more enthusiastic about SCT inquiry/SWIFT trace. The only sensible reason he wouldn't be is because he hasn't sent the money.

Hope you haven't given him the BTC yet.

Just say good bye and walk away.
I think so, BTC still on hold (P2P)
tge problem is binance support believe him
That why i need a lawyer to solve it.
Now it is almost 1 month he said i sent and i said not received

This is all too common with all the P2P platforms . You could send a bank statement to Binance showing you have not received the payment.

Continue to dispute it with Binance send an email every day.

This is all too common with all the P2P platforms . You could send a bank statement to Binance showing you have not received the payment.

Continue to dispute it with Binance send an email every day.
I sent them like 12 video
I send them everyday a video like they ask
The whole process
Login to the bank acc and showing all the tranafers from 31-01 until today
Also i send them an official confirmation from the bank that we never receive this payment
Also 6 videos from WISE response that tge receipt not real
That why i think a lawyer is necessary now

What do you want a lawyer to help with exactly? A lawyer where? What are the jurisdictions of the transaction?
I want him to help to solve it, for example to report it to local authorities and to contact wise and binance or anything he can do.
The sender from Argentina he use WISE and our bank account in Lithuania
Im not from EU.
Please what do u think any suggestions please

Since no crime has been committed yet, except maybe attempted fraud, there isn't much anyone in Argentina could do. You haven't lost BTC because you haven't given it to the proposed buyer yet (who is trying to scam you).

If the BTC is held in some sort of escrow by Binance, you need to contact Binance to get your BTC back. I understand you have tried this already. If they refuse, despite all reasonable attempts to prove to them that you have not been paid for the BTC, the next course of action would be to complain to the financial regulator or financial ombudsman which oversees Binance (if any, check the terms and conditions that apply to you).

It's not without good reason that financial service regulators in UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, and others have issued warnings against Binance. Chances of holding them accountable are very low.

If that fails, next step would be to contact a lawyer in the jurisdiction where Binance is located or where they hold your BTC.

All this makes it hard to recommend any specific law firm. A lawyer in London isn't going to be much use if Binance is holding your money through a company in Nauru.

Since no crime has been committed yet, except maybe attempted fraud, there isn't much anyone in Argentina could do. You haven't lost BTC because you haven't given it to the proposed buyer yet (who is trying to scam you).

If the BTC is held in some sort of escrow by Binance, you need to contact Binance to get your BTC back. I understand you have tried this already. If they refuse, despite all reasonable attempts to prove to them that you have not been paid for the BTC, the next course of action would be to complain to the financial regulator or financial ombudsman which oversees Binance (if any, check the terms and conditions that apply to you).

It's not without good reason that financial service regulators in UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, and others have issued warnings against Binance. Chances of holding them accountable are very low.

If that fails, next step would be to contact a lawyer in the jurisdiction where Binance is located or where they hold your BTC.

All this makes it hard to recommend any specific law firm. A lawyer in London isn't going to be much use if Binance is holding your money through a company in Nauru.
Thanks, this is very good information
I will see what i can do.
But, is there any solution to get information from WISE? they said we can't share information only with the sender or the local authorities.
Do you think they can share information with the lawyer??
Because i think only WISE can help
I asked binance for many solution
Like to check me and the buyer via teamviewer or zoom call or anything like that
But they refuse

Nauru?

guys i am not an expert of crypto but you should always check when you operate with intermediaries the country for jurisdiction (forum), the applicable law and if you end up in some strange place where getting a judgement and enforcing it becomes impossible.

But, is there any solution to get information from WISE? they said we can't share information only with the sender or the local authorities.
Do you think they can share information with the lawyer??
The issue is that Wise has no legal obligations towards you. There is no agreement between you and Wise. Your problem with Wise isn't strictly speaking with Wise, it's with Binance. Binance wants something from Wise, which Wise is lawfully prohibited from giving to you. A lawyer won't change that. They will not disclose information to you about a third-party bank account. — Imagine if that's how it worked, anyone could accuse anyone of attempted fraud and get their bank statements.

The first problem is going to be figuring out whether to go after Wise in UK, Wise in Belgium, or maybe some other entity. You need to go to the Wise with which your scammer has an account. Next step would be to explore legal avenues for extracting data about this innocent third-party's bank account (people are innocent until proven guilty). Wise will refuse, of course, because to them the request will look unlawful — and absurd. So then your only option might be to drag Wise to court. The judge will look at your request for an innocent third-party's bank account and dismiss the case right away.

If the sender's account is with Wise UK and you're at a court in London trying to compel Wise to give you information, the court could take the warning from FCA into account and be even less understanding of your situation.

I don't think pursuing Wise is going to get you anywhere. At worst, it'll cost you a bunch of money in legal fees just to end up with nothing. Your problem is with Binance and the scammer.