Our valued sponsor

Legal way to get Paypal business account for Nevis, BVI, Sychelles, Belize, any offshore?

miner

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Does Paypal open business accounts for any country given that all requirements are met?

Whenever I say Nevis you can also think of Belize etc. This should apply everywhere equally.

How to fully legally open a Paypal account for an offshore business? What are Paypal's requirements? What is the way that Paypal wants, I mean without buying documents, darks, nominees, etc.

- Does one need to have a passport of Nevis?
- Or passport doesn't matter but once has to proof being a resident of Nevis?
-- If resident: what kind of resident? Tourist visa? More than 180 days in that country? Temporary residence permit? Permanent residence permit? Or just any utility bill?
- I read over and over Paypal wants to see a utility bill. A utility bill in the name of the owner which has to be in Nevis? Or a utility bill in the name of the registered business address? Or both?
- Nevis phone number required? What kind of phone number? Mobile ok? Or landline only?

I know, there might be ways to circumvent some KYC checks such as having a local bank account but before bending the rules I would liek to understand the rules. Would like to know what Paypal can ask for if they really want to play it hard.

Yes, I am actually considering to get a Nevis passport through their citizenship by investment program or to get a Nevis residency, Nevis address, whatever is useful.

I wanted to stay away from US. Adds a lot of legal complexity. Might get an US bank account but then not using it, not sure what difference that would make.

As for spending the money, I could just spend it on airbnb, ebay and etc., not cashing out to bank accounts.

First road bump...
Paypal business account sign up page says.
"Sign up with your Tax ID"

But how to get a Tax ID for an offshore company?