Our valued sponsor

Offshore Company + bank account (already established) + new UK LLP based in EU to avoid taxes - advice welcome

Infoseeker1979

May 25, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I am new to this forum and I really appreciate all tips and tricks I have found - a huge source of information! so thank you all.
I need to route money coming from customers based in EU to the offshore company without paying taxes.
My idea is to open an LLP based in UK with EMI bank account, receive the payments and route it to the offshore company (via an intermediary company) based in Portugal.
Would this help me to avoid the fillings (paying taxes) in the UK?
Thanks

Hey,

UK applies controlled foreign corporation (CFC) rules and Permanent Establishment (PE) rules, these will not allow you to save taxes in such a simple way. If you prefer to set up a long-lasting and legally stable structure you would need to work with residency solutions and/or create a certain substance level in abroad companies. You can also take into account the common reporting standard (CRS), i.e. information about the beneficial owner is provided to your tax residency country either by EMI or by the bank (with certain exemptions).

Reactions: Infoseeker1979
Hey,

UK applies controlled foreign corporation (CFC) rules and Permanent Establishment (PE) rules, these will not allow you to save taxes in such a simple way. If you prefer to set up a long-lasting and legally stable structure you would need to work with residency solutions and/or create a certain substance level in abroad companies. You can also take into account the common reporting standard (CRS), i.e. information about the beneficial owner is provided to your tax residency country either by EMI or by the bank (with certain exemptions).
Hello
please note that the LLP will have nominees. and we would leverage an EMI (advices on the best one?) also, the management is not sitting in UK but in europe

Hey,

This is the only way unless you move the company to Mauritius then you would be better suited.
BIG question is where do you have residency ie where do you currently pay your tax.

Reactions: Infoseeker1979

Latest Threads