Our valued sponsor

Offshore company in Dubai / UAE who?

you are watching market that has no market depth
you will realise how much you lost money with dubai RE only when you find a willing buyer for your meters

monaco and malta real estate is doing fine though ;)

I invested a lot in 2011 when the market had hit a bottom too. Prices did rise up the highest in 2014 but I was getting guaranteed income at least so I kept them. Better than bank interest rates. It depends on the timing. One has to wait it out. This is the best time to invest in guarenteed markets. Dubai is going to bounce back. Too many Americans have invested in here for a reason. Situation is so bad in USA I don't wish to even go back there besides I love the safety here. Try walking out in NYC, Chicago or any major city at night. You can walk over here without any fear.

@reesek
No need to find a buyer to find out the real value of your unit in Dubai because you can check real estate sales in real-time ;) You can see real transactions for your building that happened today, that's how I know my unit's real price.

Type your building name and see latest transactions:
There is some hanky panky in these figures too. Buyers have to pay 6 percent to land dept (some developers are giving away new apts with no land dept fees) and seller and buyer come to agreement to show low prices officially but get cash on hand so buyers save a lot on 6 percent. Trust me foreigners and locals both are doing this. Rowena you would still not know real prices from this website.

@Davis123
DLD transfer is not 6 percent it is 4 percent. This fee always paid to land dept sometimes developer pays on behalf of you as a promotion. The data on this site(or other sites) coming from Dubai Land Department. Some transactions can be higher because of cash transactions(to pay lower DLD fee) and mortgages but only higher.

you are watching market that has no market depth
you will realise how much you lost money with dubai RE only when you find a willing buyer for your meters

monaco and malta real estate is doing fine though ;)
Monaco is a billionaire's paradise for a guy with a few million Monaco is not the place to live. I wouldn't even live in Monaco if I was a billionaire. Too damn expensive. Malta does not have the same infrastructure Dubai has. Breathtaking views of the Marina at rates thousand times cheaper than Monaco. It all depends on your choices in life. You can't buy that many properties like Rowena and I did in Dubai. Monaco is out of our leagues and i wouldn't live there or invest there.

@David123
Actually, I bought one property but yes Monaco is more expensive in terms of real estate and living ofc. Malta is completely different because they're selling citizenship that's why there is a trend.

Sorry 4 percent not 6 percent. 2 percent goes out to real estate agents since we always calculate the total in our minds. Yes Rowena I know how developers pay the whole six percent for new apts. There are ways to avoid the DLD total fees that is what I am informing you so the prices are not that accurate.

Reactions: CaptK
I
@David123
Actually, I bought one property but yes Monaco is more expensive in terms of real estate and living ofc. Malta is completely different because they're selling citizenship that's why there is a trend.
Yes I know about Maltese citizenship being offered as a lot of companies send you SMS daily in Dubai for all kinds of citizenship programs. Have you seen Malta ? It does not have same infrastructure like Dubai and AbuDhabi. Dubai is the best place plus being a tax haven gives you extra leverage not to mention great social life. Malta does not have an airline Emirates or Eithad and it can't match the geographical location either. Qatar tried imitating Dubai and Qatar Air was a superb Airlines before relations went sour with UAE and other gulf states. Qatar Air lost its leverage. I have been to Heathrow, France, JFK, Tokyo, O'hare, DFW, Houston and Amsterdam airports but DXB airport is much more impressive than any of them. Plus I believe the new Al Maktoum airport is much bigger and better than DXB. Anyways, CaptK understands what I am stating here.

Reactions: CaptK
I
@David123
Yes I know about Maltese citizenship being offered as a lot of companies send you SMS daily in Dubai for all kinds of citizenship programs. Have you seen Malta ? It does not have same infrastructure like Dubai and AbuDhabi. Dubai is the best place plus being a tax haven gives you extra leverage not to mention great social life. Malta does not have an airline Emirates or Eithad and it can't match the geographical location either. Qatar tried imitating Dubai and Qatar Air was a superb Airlines before relations went sour with UAE and other gulf states. Qatar Air lost its leverage. I have been to Heathrow, France, JFK, Tokyo, O'hare, DFW, Houston and Amsterdam airports but DXB airport is much more impressive than any of them. Plus I believe the new Al Maktoum airport is much bigger and better than DXB. Anyways, CaptK understands what I am stating here.

Yes, I went to Malta several years ago. Malta is a country but actually it is a small island for entertainment that can't compare with UAE. If you need an EU passport then buying real estate in Montenegro far better and cheap choice.

Reactions: Davis123
I

Preach to the choir bro.....

In my opinion Doha is a much better airport and much easier to get around with the train that runs through it rather than from point to point.

UAE is bullet proof for now and I dont see them changing much. Investments into property should be done up to 100K per unit max and buy a new as possible. They will continue to build and oversupply but when they stop prices are going to rocket.

Its either you buy in desirable areas or in areas were the workers live. Only invest in big properties if you have a company client rather than an individual.

Last edited:
Monaco is a billionaire's paradise for a guy with a few million Monaco is not the place to live. I wouldn't even live in Monaco if I was a billionaire. Too damn expensive. Malta does not have the same infrastructure Dubai has. Breathtaking views of the Marina at rates thousand times cheaper than Monaco. It all depends on your choices in life. You can't buy that many properties like Rowena and I did in Dubai. Monaco is out of our leagues and i wouldn't live there or invest there.

Well, you cannot compare sharia law country in the middle east with country in French Riviera. Also real estate prices Dubai prices are falling, but the prices in Monaco are always going up.

Yes, I went to Malta several years ago. Malta is a country but actually it is a small island for entertainment that can't compare with UAE. If you need an EU passport then buying real estate in Montenegro far better and cheap choice.
Well, you cannot compare sharia law country in the middle east with country in French Riviera. Also real estate prices Dubai prices are falling, but the prices in Monaco are always going up.
UAE has Shariah law really? In Shariah you cut off the hands of the thieves. UAE has no such laws. Your head will be cut off if you kill someone in public but UAE has no such laws. You can enjoy your French Riveria a billlionaires paradise but not everyone can afford Monaco. You can't compare Dubai with Monaco or Hong Kong or NYC as they are not equal but for most of us Dubai is safer than NYC and you get Monaco like extras pretty cheap. Monaco prices are increasing but for people who can afford it. Dubai prices will shoot up as developers are on hold by themselves. A lot of rich expats looking for tax free haven on the cheap are moving in after Covid is resolved but let's see if UAE does implement taxation on both corporates and expats then you will see a departure of people and companies which UAE can't afford.

Miami was built on drug money in the 60/70's now it's a fantastic place for property investment. I just would never buy in the US.
And no foreigner should invest in USA and get in bed with IRS. Delaware companies are a loophole for tax havens created by US govt to get money in USA tax free and that's the best way for foreigners and for Trump and the very rich Americans too. But US properties are not recommended as they are taxation nightmares. UK on the other hand is much much better. A lot of rich foreigners including UAE citizens have invested in London properties for a reason.

Let's not discuss the obvious things: UAE has shariah laws in place, however they have been trying to be very proactive in having them modernised. You still cannot officially live with partner in UAE without marriage, also only male guardian can sponsor the kids for dependant visa. Female guardian needs male approval for the same. We can mention a lot of other things or differences (e.g. inheritance laws upon death - shariah laws apply to everyone including expats, unless there is a proper will in place), so let's not discuss the obvious cultural and religion differences.

I lived in Malta for 4 years and in UAE (Dubai) for more than 5 years. It is hard to compare two countries. But if you invested 5 years back in Malta, your property would have increased in value and not decrease by 30% like in Dubai (let's not forget that people have heavily invested in other emirates like RAK, which has probably declined even more). That's a fact.

That guy writing in this thread stating things about "great social life" being greater in Dubai than in Malta has obviously never lived in both locations long term. In Malta you can have a great circle of friends, girls, random girls, random chats, cheap local wine, cheap great quality coffee, decently priced very good food, fresh local produce, you can party till dawn if you want or you can visit one of 365 churches every day for a whole year. You can be in Italy in 30 mins, almost anywhere in Europe within 2-3 hours paying cheap fares on AirMalta or other regular or low cost carriers. You can in fact travel to a meeting within Europe and come back same day. You can visit your home EU country for weekends, without spending too much $ and time in the air. This is almost impossible from UAE. Malta has a "relaxed" feeling from gov. officials, through police, people etc. everyone is living a life there in one way or another, without worrying too much. But you obviously can't know this without living this life. Not to mention you can still pay effective 5% tax and a small salary in order to pay national health contributions for having a national health insurance.

UAE is completely different in this regards. People are afraid of being relaxed and making some stupid mistakes, which can cost them job, visa and may result in a hefty fine + departure. The social scene with artificial friends is nothing more than artificial. The dating scene is terrible and majority of great looking single ladies are obviously hookers in the bars or nightclubs. Alcohol is expensive, very expensive in the bars in fact. The cultural differences can be shocking, from completely covered woman to semi naked girls both within 2 metres (social distancing at its best). The day to day expat workforce you are dealing with (deliveries, groceries, gardener, maintenance etc) won't get your little chats, simply because many of them do not speak english. Forget about little chats here and there. If you go to the same shop twice, you will almost never meet the same sales person, maybe apart from supermarkets. I don't know where do the shops take this people from, but it just seems they don't pay them and replace with others. I have not seen such a turnaround in staff at any place I lived...

Now don't get me wrong. UAE is a great place, in fact a great place for a family with kids. It is a very kids friendly destination, starting from Emirates airlines. I travel to Malta from time to time and I meet the same people, in the same places, I am greeted with smile at the restaurants, often personally by name and sometimes even with a discount for being a good customer for years.

I don't believe in the fake interviews with real estate reps. stating how big demand they have for purchasing properties these days. What else can they say to attract investor attention? What else can say those already invested, who have their properties value down by 30%? Of course they have to wish and wait for better "tomorrow". One major thing to make a property sector attractive not only to investors but mainly to long term residents, would be some permanent residence program in place, which wouldn't be tied to the employer (like the current residence visa is) and which would allow people to stay for longer than 30 days upon losing a job.

Let's not discuss the obvious things: UAE has shariah laws in place, however they have been trying to be very proactive in having them modernised. You still cannot officially live with partner in UAE without marriage, also only male guardian can sponsor the kids for dependant visa. Female guardian needs male approval for the same. We can mention a lot of other things or differences (e.g. inheritance laws upon death - shariah laws apply to everyone including expats, unless there is a proper will in place), so let's not discuss the obvious cultural and religion differences.

I lived in Malta for 4 years and in UAE (Dubai) for more than 5 years. It is hard to compare two countries. But if you invested 5 years back in Malta, your property would have increased in value and not decrease by 30% like in Dubai (let's not forget that people have heavily invested in other emirates like RAK, which has probably declined even more). That's a fact.

That guy writing in this thread stating things about "great social life" being greater in Dubai than in Malta has obviously never lived in both locations long term. In Malta you can have a great circle of friends, girls, random girls, random chats, cheap local wine, cheap great quality coffee, decently priced very good food, fresh local produce, you can party till dawn if you want or you can visit one of 365 churches every day for a whole year. You can be in Italy in 30 mins, almost anywhere in Europe within 2-3 hours paying cheap fares on AirMalta or other regular or low cost carriers. You can in fact travel to a meeting within Europe and come back same day. You can visit your home EU country for weekends, without spending too much $ and time in the air. This is almost impossible from UAE. Malta has a "relaxed" feeling from gov. officials, through police, people etc. everyone is living a life there in one way or another, without worrying too much. But you obviously can't know this without living this life. Not to mention you can still pay effective 5% tax and a small salary in order to pay national health contributions for having a national health insurance.

UAE is completely different in this regards. People are afraid of being relaxed and making some stupid mistakes, which can cost them job, visa and may result in a hefty fine + departure. The social scene with artificial friends is nothing more than artificial. The dating scene is terrible and majority of great looking single ladies are obviously hookers in the bars or nightclubs. Alcohol is expensive, very expensive in the bars in fact. The cultural differences can be shocking, from completely covered woman to semi naked girls both within 2 metres (social distancing at its best). The day to day expat workforce you are dealing with (deliveries, groceries, gardener, maintenance etc) won't get your little chats, simply because many of them do not speak english. Forget about little chats here and there. If you go to the same shop twice, you will almost never meet the same sales person, maybe apart from supermarkets. I don't know where do the shops take this people from, but it just seems they don't pay them and replace with others. I have not seen such a turnaround in staff at any place I lived...

Now don't get me wrong. UAE is a great place, in fact a great place for a family with kids. It is a very kids friendly destination, starting from Emirates airlines. I travel to Malta from time to time and I meet the same people, in the same places, I am greeted with smile at the restaurants, often personally by name and sometimes even with a discount for being a good customer for years.

I don't believe in the fake interviews with real estate reps. stating how big demand they have for purchasing properties these days. What else can they say to attract investor attention? What else can say those already invested, who have their properties value down by 30%? Of course they have to wish and wait for better "tomorrow". One major thing to make a property sector attractive not only to investors but mainly to long term residents, would be some permanent residence program in place, which wouldn't be tied to the employer (like the current residence visa is) and which would allow people to stay for longer than 30 days upon losing a job.
Location, location everything is location. In Malta you are damn close to Europe Schegan areas so you could do all of those in a single day. Have you seen McDonald's in NYC? Turnaround over there is phenomenal. If you go to Midwest you could still be talking to the same cashier for 20 to 30 years. Properties values for myself have also gone down to 40 percent depending on locations. For some it was only 10 to 20 percent. Malta is a small island with potholes on roads ? Have you seen those in Dubai roads. The only charm Malta has of this moment that it's offering its citizenship to billionaires and millionaires and to EU nationals who want to relocate there for reduced taxation. Turkey properties have lost almost 70 percent of its value. In USA also property values have gone like almost 30 percent and landlords are not able to meet pay their mortgage bills. Hopefully they will all bounce back. You can't compare apples and oranges. Secondly I don't want business from this forum or I would have signed up for an account already with PM or my banner. I am just stating some facts. Yes social life is possible without hookers involved. You obviously are not looking at the right places. Yes you can cohabit with another person be of whatever sexual preference. Many of my tenants are cohabiters (unmarried couples ) You don't advertise it as you have to respect a country's culture. This is not Sharia preference but cultural taboos. Sharia would immediately lead to your punishment or deportation. Americans feel safer in Dubai than in their own country. Halliburton has opened up its HQ here for a reason to get tax free income. Ex Vice President of USA, Cheney has a huge house in JBR. Many Bollywood stars have their second homes here and investments. None of them invested in EU or Malta. Only London is a prime target for Bollywood actors and wealthy from all over the world a fact that USA dreads too. Yes they do invest in US stock markets etc. Why would anyone go to a tiny island like Malta to invest there.?Property prices in all golden visa countries like Portugal, Malta etc have increased to 50 percent in values as you have to buy or rent a property there depending on the choice and the country's immigration laws. This is the only reason for a sudden jump in the market for past 8 to 10 years. Many UAE citizens and residents also bought them to get Maltese or Portugal passports. Are you going to deny all of this.? I don't know where are you going for your coffee as star bucks is cheaper in Dubai than in USA.
I was asked by someone to give them my telegram number earlier and I politely refused by stating I don't have one. I don't want to be contacted by anyone from any forum for real estate or company setup as I like to meet my clients on our company's ad not everywhere. We only deal with specific clients that fit our criteria. Yes I wouldn't invest in Turkey or USA or Canada. For me specifically best investment is in London or Dubai. Secondly this is my last message on this thread. Good luck wherever you are investing.