Our valued sponsor

PayPal stoped their activities in India!

Spinat

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold
Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
So PayPal has so far closed for any Indians to use the system or rather PayPal don't allow to withdraw money to an Indian bank account further to they won't accept any payments made to and from indian PayPal accounts.

On the blog Internet Archive: Free Movies, Music, Books & Wayback Machine I read.

We were hoping that our merchant customers would be able to start withdrawing their funds at their local bank by today, but it looks like this will still take some more time. I understand your frustration and want to let you know that we are doing everything we can to free your funds.
That means they work on it, what alternatives do people have now, 2CO, Moneybookers, XOOM they have all been available as long as PayPal has but not many are using the other options available??!

Not sure if some should believe that PayPal ever will solve the problems with RBI...

Seems they are up again and got things solved with the Indian Central Bank.

Link removed

Following on from Farhad’s blog post on Monday, I’m pleased to let the thousands of businesses who rely on PayPal to sell their goods and services around the world know that we’ve resumed local bank withdrawals in India.
When you select the ‘Withdraw Funds’ option on your PayPal account, we will ask you to fill out a new field entitled ‘Purpose Code’. This information is required under the laws of India in order to identify the nature of cross-border merchant transactions. Simply select the one most appropriate for your business. More details on purpose codes can be found here

If you have any questions, please contact PayPal customer support by logging into your PayPal account and clicking on ‘contact us’ at the bottom of the page.
Thats good news will help to get the business running again.

Thank you for your useful posts all :D

Latest Threads