web
counter

Prevent Subpoenas and Frivolous Lawsuits

Discussion in 'Offshore Company formation' started by cronius, May 13, 2018.

1. cronius

cronius New Member

I'm new to offshoring and I would like to setup an offshore company that I can use with maybe a nominee director(or shareholder) to register all my hosting accounts, paypal, etc. and not reveal myself as the owner if the company is subpoenaed in a civil lawsuit - as the person who subpoenas my company will probably just try to sue me personally(I live in the United States).

I was thinking of setting up a Belize or Nevis LLC with nominee directors/shareholders to do this. These jurisdictions seem to deter frivolous lawsuits and have low upkeep. Is this the best way to do it? One issue I've been having is that some companies I've talked to don't let you use a nominee's name on web hosting accounts, domain registrars, PayPal, etc.

Any input is appreciated

diablo and negon like this.
  2. negon

negon Offshore Agent Mentor Group Business Angel

Belize and Nevis will not work with PayPal. If that is one of your basic requirements forget these jurisdiction and look into the UK, Cyprus, Bulgaria or Malta!

3. cronius

cronius New Member

Thanks for the suggestion, not a huge requirement as there's always bitcoin but it would be nice, as far as jurisdiction, would all of these be able to stop a US subpoena

4. negon

No they wont! But it's possible to get a payment system setup for entities from these countries.

5. cronius

cronius New Member

Ah alright, is there any way to prevent the name of the owner getting out with nominee shareholders? I'm talking about a civil subpoena from someone in the US, if they can't find out the company is owned by someone in the US, then they will be discouraged from suing an offshore company, but if they find out the owner(me) lives here, they will just try to sue me personally here

6. negon

You want to go for a Cyprus company with nominee director and shareholder and which has a very strong privacy protection. Depending on your budget and how big your business is going to be you even want to ask a Cyprus Trust to open the company for you. This requires a €10K budget just for the setup.

cronius likes this.
  7. diablo

diablo Banned Users Business Angel BANNED MEMBER

Is PayPal a requirement for you or can you use a offshore merchant account for your Belize corp?

8. cronius

cronius New Member

The biggest concern is prevent subpoenas/privacy. I only need something to pay the webhost and registrar after that, which could be a merchant account or even just bitcoin. So no, not a requirement

9. diablo

Why not set up a simple Belize with darks and bitcoin payment?

10. cronius

cronius New Member

Well maybe, but I'm trying to keep this as legal as possible, if possible, are there potential penalties for using fake documents, fraud etc., I'm in the US and will be marketing to US people

11. Admin

Admin Forum Moderator The Forum Cleaner

I doubt it to be a good idea to use setups like the one you suggest @diablo for this purpose!

diablo likes this.
  12. RMelo

RMelo New Member

Thailand paypal, its doesnt require verification

13. diablo

Since when?

14. fanban

fanban New Member

did you do so and if, what is the outcome of all of this?