Our valued sponsor

Prevent Subpoenas and Frivolous Lawsuits

cronius

May 13, 2018
Visit site
I'm new to offshoring and I would like to setup an offshore company that I can use with maybe a nominee director(or shareholder) to register all my hosting accounts, paypal, etc. and not reveal myself as the owner if the company is subpoenaed in a civil lawsuit - as the person who subpoenas my company will probably just try to sue me personally(I live in the United States).

I was thinking of setting up a Belize or Nevis LLC with nominee directors/shareholders to do this. These jurisdictions seem to deter frivolous lawsuits and have low upkeep. Is this the best way to do it? One issue I've been having is that some companies I've talked to don't let you use a nominee's name on web hosting accounts, domain registrars, PayPal, etc.

Any input is appreciated

Reactions: diablo and negon
No they wont! But it's possible to get a payment system setup for entities from these countries.

Ah alright, is there any way to prevent the name of the owner getting out with nominee shareholders? I'm talking about a civil subpoena from someone in the US, if they can't find out the company is owned by someone in the US, then they will be discouraged from suing an offshore company, but if they find out the owner(me) lives here, they will just try to sue me personally here

I doubt it to be a good idea to use setups like the one you suggest @diablo for this purpose!

Reactions: diablo

Latest Threads