Our valued sponsor

What countries to move to?

Stuck in dubai i guess. Cannot find replacement.

Ye I agree somewhat. For dubai: The taxes, safety and modern lifestyle was a big plus for me. But I come from the EU so it all seems fake to me. I get how someone from a developing country might love it.

But I don't see myself staying here for more than 1-2 years max and never for more than a few months consecutively.
I value my health so to be honest it has terrible air quality (all my friends including myself get bronchitis every visit), there is no nature because everything is sand and desert, everything is fake and overbuilt, rent prices and food prices are just dumb for what you're getting, and you can't really make a decent family life.

So travelling everywhere looking for a replacement.

Until now Dubai is the best then sengapore

Singapore used to be good now there are restrictions for purchasing property where you have to pay 60%+ stamp duty tax if you're a foreigner. They doubled it from a crazy 30%.
Besides that it is a nice place and close to Malaysia and HK in case you get tired of it.

This is going to shock you, but for me, it's China.
Hands down! The comparisons are NOT even close! Not even Monaco or Switzerland comes close in my personal & business experience.
Wow, nice.
Any specific cities? I will try to make the trip.

Hands down! The comparisons are NOT even close! Not even Monaco or Switzerland comes close in my personal & business experience.
It is shocking for me
China with their capital control and conflict with USA over Taiwan..
And soviet union style of politics
Look what they have done to Jack ma
A country with authoritarian regime
I have dealt with Chinese people in the past and they are not easy at all
I mean how can you survive there if you don't even speak the language
I see always Chinese business people moving to Canada, Australia. There must be a reason for that.
Can you believe that China is still regarded as a third world country.

Any specific cities? I will try to make the trip.
If you are into IT, visit Shenzhen. You WILL be so shocked!
This is a documentary that was recorded 7 years ago by Wired! Today, Shenzhen is at least 100 times more advanced than this documentary.
China with their capital control and conflict with USA over Taiwan..
Capital control? rof/%rof/%rof/%rof/%rof/% Not for me! This is me counting the leftover stack of cash after a day of negotiating with suppliers in CASH! There are two more duffel bags full of cash on the floor behind me. I go to the banks and withdraw millions of ¥s (1 euro is 7.94 RMB today) and use it to negotiate the best prices with suppliers. I do this twice per day. Every single day! Try that in the West rof/%
1692218837268.png

And soviet union style of politics
People believe anything the Western media tells them nowadays. I love it. rof/%

Look what they have done to Jack ma
Listen to what an American billionaire, Charlie Munger, who is MAJORLY invested in Alibaba (BABA) said about Jack Ma:
A country with authoritarian regime
rof/%rof/%rof/%rof/%rof/% I am NOT going to dispel this. Life's too easy for me in terms of competition in China. I don't want any of you coming into my backyard and taking business away from me. I urge everyone to stay the Hell away from China ;)

I have dealt with Chinese people in the past and they are not easy at all
Super easy for me. I grew up delivering food (for extra pay and tips) for a few Chinese restaurants in my neighborhood when I was a kid growing up.

I mean how can you survive there if you don't even speak the language
Out of respect to the Chinese, I took and still take intensive Chinese lessons: Language Program-Shenzhen University (SZU)
Also, most well-educated Chinese in business yearns to speak English to a foreigner.

I see always Chinese business people moving to Canada, Australia
In the 1980s, I won a full European academic scholarship to go study Electrical & Computer Engineering. My destination of choice was, of course, the USA. Europe sucked in computer & software engineering at that time, so I left for America. It was great! I loved it! I thought then, I would always live and work in America. As time went by, manufacturing jobs were being exported to low-wage countries, including China. I picked up on this right away. I followed the money, but China was still a dump in the 90s, so I chose to anchor in Monaco at first. The world was changing!
Today, for me, China is an absolute dream. I can't explain it. The sophistication, the technology, the people, the culture, the cost of living, the prices, the access to the best products in the world, and the zero taxes for "foreign experts" (special ruling) are mind-boggling to me and very attractive to me. I also love a challenge like dominating their language and understanding their culture.

China is NOT for everyone! It appeals to me more than any other place I have ever been.

Also, https://www.cato.org/blog/abandoning-us-more-scientists-go-china

1692221304125.png

The pendulum swings...

拜拜

Last edited:
If you are into IT, visit Shenzhen. You WILL be so shocked!
This is a documentary that was recorded 7 years ago by Wired! Today, Shenzhen is at least 100 times more advanced than this documentary.

Capital control? rof/%rof/%rof/%rof/%rof/% Not for me! This is me counting the leftover stack of cash after a day of negotiating with suppliers in CASH! There are two more duffel bags full of cash on the floor behind me. I go to the banks and withdraw millions of ¥s (1 euro is 7.94 RMB today) and use it to negotiate the best prices with suppliers. I do this twice per day. Every single day! Try that in the West rof/%
View attachment 5216

People believe anything the Western media tells them nowadays. I love it. rof/%

Listen to what an American billionaire, Charlie Munger, who is MAJORLY invested in Alibaba (BABA) said about Jack Ma:

rof/%rof/%rof/%rof/%rof/% I am NOT going to dispel this. Life's too easy for me in terms of competition in China. I don't want any of you coming into my backyard and taking business away from me. I urge everyone to stay the Hell away from China ;)

Super easy for me. I grew up delivering food (for extra pay and tips) for a few Chinese restaurants in my neighborhood when I was a kid growing up.

Out of respect to the Chinese, I took and still take intensive Chinese lessons: Language Program-Shenzhen University (SZU)
Also, most well-educated Chinese in business yearns to speak English to a foreigner.

In the 1980s, I won a full European academic scholarship to go study Electrical & Computer Engineering. My destination of choice was, of course, the USA. Europe sucked in computer & software engineering at that time, so I left for America. It was great! I loved it! I thought then, I would always live and work in America. As time went by, manufacturing jobs were being exported to low-wage countries, including China. I picked up on this right away. I followed the money, but China was still a dump in the 90s, so I chose to anchor in Monaco at first. The world was changing!
Today, for me, China is an absolute dream. I can't explain it. The sophistication, the technology, the people, the culture, the cost of living, the prices, the access to the best products in the world, and the zero taxes for "foreign experts" (special ruling) are mind-boggling to me and very attractive to me. I also love a challenge like dominating their language and understanding their culture.

China is NOT for everyone! It appeals to me more than any other place I have ever been.

Also, https://www.cato.org/blog/abandoning-us-more-scientists-go-china

View attachment 5217

The pendulum swings...

拜拜
Wow unbelievable!
Looks like you have been working with them for many many years
What you have achieved is almost impossible for most of us.
But I think you are exceptional. Because of others who try to do same, it won't be easy at all for them.
However it is just not my cup of tea. I don't use cash. I like to work as most western businessmen, with lawyers and contract and invoices and wire payments b2b.

you may have been good connected while you do business and live there. For someone just showing up in China without a network I think it's dead end.

Reactions: uranium
you may have been good connected while you do business and live there. For someone just showing up in China without a network I think it's dead end.
Agreed. I think starting from scratch in China, where the majority don't speak the same language as you is going to be hard for most. Barrier to entry is way too high. I will still take the trip there though.

Anyone have other countries?

give him a break... we all know there is no perfect place, just looking for lesser evil, I can totally understand that China or Russia can work for someone way better than Canada, Australia or France - great democracy has no value when it comes with low level of personal freedom

give him a break... we all know there is no perfect place, just looking for lesser evil, I can totally understand that China or Russia can work for someone way better than Canada, Australia or France - great democracy has no value when it comes with low level of personal freedom
The only people I know that prefer Russia over any other place are wanted people trying to avoid extradition

The same Alibaba that if you bought in 2014 and held until now you are still losing money on? rof/%

1. Posting bags of cash allegedly to negotiate with Chinese suppliers
2. Claiming there is no "capital control" in China rof/%
3. Claiming to be a tall "powerlifter" and football midliner whatever in college
4. Flying private jets frequently
5. Funniest of all: "Life's too easy for me in terms of competition in China." because we all know if there is one place that nobody is trying to compete and copy you it's China rof/%rof/%rof/%

Clearly the biggest LARP that ever LARPED on this forum

Chinese are buying up most of the upper end real estate around me, and investing, don't seem to have issues moving funds from China into Asia... through the banking system...
The only people I know that prefer Russia over any other place are wanted people trying to avoid extradition

The same Alibaba that if you bought in 2014 and held until now you are still losing money on? rof/%

3. Claiming to be a tall "powerlifter" and football midliner whatever in college
5. Funniest of all: "Life's too easy for me in terms of competition in China." because we all know if there is one place that nobody is trying to compete and copy you it's China rof/%rof/%rof/%

Reactions: jafo

To be honest, mate, I was born in China, and I ventured to various Western countries 15 years ago to "see the world" and "enjoy the freedom." It took me a decade to realize that I'm incredibly relieved to still possess my Chinese passport. In what appear to be democratic and free Western countries, they uphold class divisions by ostensibly helping the poor while consistently pressuring the middle class. Those who've never had to work can revel in beachside villas, whereas industrious individuals navigate life without discernible distinctions from birth to death. I'm not suggesting that China is superior, but I've witnessed the less favorable aspects of Western countries.

Gentlemen, this is turning into a thread about China, if you want to discuss them, please open a new thread.

Please back to topic from here!

To be honest, mate, I was born in China, and I ventured to various Western countries 15 years ago to "see the world" and "enjoy the freedom." It took me a decade to realize that I'm incredibly relieved to still possess my Chinese passport. In what appear to be democratic and free Western countries, they uphold class divisions by ostensibly helping the poor while consistently pressuring the middle class. Those who've never had to work can revel in beachside villas, whereas industrious individuals navigate life without discernible distinctions from birth to death. I'm not suggesting that China is superior, but I've witnessed the less favorable aspects of Western countries.
When you know, you know! ;)

My favorite adage regarding this is:

For those who understand, No explanation is needed.​

For those who do not understand, No explanation is EVER possible!:cool:

Back to the topic, as myself an asian, If I plan for my next 20 years for living and travel in a pleasant life, the preferences would be: Taiwan, Malaysia, Japan, small cities in China. English-friendly countries like: Costa Rica, Portugal, Ireland, UAE, Just no more "Anglo-Saxon(Anglosphere) countries"

Last edited:
Reactions: jafo

Paul, why go off-topic?
The question was:
"What has been everyone's favorite countries that you can see yourself moving to?

How is the quality of life, wokeness, friendliness of the people , and prices in that country?"

I chose China. That's it! When asked why, I was polite and provided my reasoning with evidence!
You don't like it? Just scroll, Paul! Don't let strangers' personal preferences on the internet trigger you and cause cognitive dissonance. It's better for your health! You'll live longer and you'll be happier! ;)

At least be humble enough to learn from TWO billionaires, Buffett & Munger:

Latest Threads