Our valued sponsor

What is the best country/exchange to buy cryptos?

Reactions: João Silva
I am not someone expert into this but since this is almost a global issue, I will suggest you to check here 12+ Best Altcoin Exchange - Cryptolinks - The World's Best Cryptocurrency Sites List! - You can find almost all options available here. I would put Coinbase and Binance very highly, it’s one of those which I highly prefer. However, I do like trading too with several brokers that allows but IF you want to be specific on exchanges, then above link and options mentioned can be best way.

Cash or wire purchase/sales?

I've put a good deal of crypto in and out of fiat in certain countries in the east of the EU with limited questions asked for cash and wire from the right local banks, who likewise don't ask many questions about cash deposits or withdrawing.

In "Country A", I had three accounts in this one jurisdiction and never needed to produce evidence of a domestic address in Country A for any of them. The multi-national banks and subsidiaries thereof all had policies in relation to crypto and the result was you could receive funds from major crypto exchanges in, but not out - for out, you simply found local sellers who took specific banks for Country A and off you went.

While it does require in person work on the ground to get the bank accounts on your part or the part of the nominee, it isn't challenging. They will want two photo IDs (passport and driving licence) and if one were to stick with local banks in the less developed EU countries. I was never asked for any evidence of residency, and certainly couldn't speak the language, in each instance it was just a case of saying I needed an English speaker. One had an English speaker available on the spot, one said come back tomorrow, one I came back with someone to act as an interpreter.

In "Country A", I had three accounts in this one jurisdiction and never needed to produce evidence of a domestic address in Country A for any of them. The multi-national banks and subsidiaries thereof all had policies in relation to crypto and the result was you could receive funds from major crypto exchanges in, but not out - for out, you simply found local sellers who took specific banks for Country A and off you went.
What bank did you use for the account opening? Did you setup a cover business in order to get approved or just explained them your business as it is?

Reactions: TurnedToRobot
What bank did you use for the account opening? Did you setup a cover business in order to get approved or just explained them your business as it is?

I'll keep the bank's names/Country A to myself for the moment but I'll set out the circumstances.

The first was a local business which has re branded and with whom I stopped banking when I went elsewhere (Bank 1), the next was the local brand of a multinational in Europe which despite going anti crypto 4 years ago never batted an eye about crypto-related SEPA wires coming in from a major exchange directly (Bank 2) but the third remains very viable for all good things because they push their investment products and are a national provider only (Bank 3). Bank 3 seems to be a well kept secret within Country A, they don't advertise hard but quite a few people in and out of crypto swear by them for not getting remotely concerned about large amounts in or out over the counter.

Bank 3 was prepared to open a personal account for a third country national with no intro, just KYC (passport, driving licence, neither of which were in the local language) with a local address on the account to post the cards to which was domestic, no docs provided, but you did need to tale a local to translate... you will literally have people fighting over helping you by making a $50US offer on a Facebook expatriates/locals mingling group rather than asking a business provider to help you. The classic "let me take your KYC, I'll be back in 5 to 40 minutes" did not happen, I didn't even sit down, the account was open over the counter.

For a Delaware LLC (and yes, you now need to keep up with the IRS as of 2017) they wanted an apostilled certificate of good standing and the foundation docs worked up by a local translator. I later learned that if you cultivate a relationship a little bit more with this bank they'll waive the translation of the apostilled docs. Associates have gotten classic IBC jurisdictions as well.

As far as business reasons, "I have businesses overseas, I'm establishing myself locally to get a visa" was enough.

If you do even reasonably well on your own account and are prepared to pay taxation on some specific numbers, this country is exceedingly easy as far as Europe goes to get a Visa. All you need is a native speaker to help you navigate the bureaucracy on and off for 3 months. You'd comfortably have change out of a couple of thousand (and you'd probably have a permanent gopher out of it too) if you don't waste your money on agents.

I'll keep the bank's names/Country A to myself for the moment but I'll set out the circumstances.

The first was a local business which has re branded and with whom I stopped banking when I went elsewhere (Bank 1), the next was the local brand of a multinational in Europe which despite going anti crypto 4 years ago never batted an eye about crypto-related SEPA wires coming in from a major exchange directly (Bank 2) but the third remains very viable for all good things because they push their investment products and are a national provider only (Bank 3). Bank 3 seems to be a well kept secret within Country A, they don't advertise hard but quite a few people in and out of crypto swear by them for not getting remotely concerned about large amounts in or out over the counter.

Bank 3 was prepared to open a personal account for a third country national with no intro, just KYC (passport, driving licence, neither of which were in the local language) with a local address on the account to post the cards to which was domestic, no docs provided, but you did need to tale a local to translate... you will literally have people fighting over helping you by making a $50US offer on a Facebook expatriates/locals mingling group rather than asking a business provider to help you. The classic "let me take your KYC, I'll be back in 5 to 40 minutes" did not happen, I didn't even sit down, the account was open over the counter.

For a Delaware LLC (and yes, you now need to keep up with the IRS as of 2017) they wanted an apostilled certificate of good standing and the foundation docs worked up by a local translator. I later learned that if you cultivate a relationship a little bit more with this bank they'll waive the translation of the apostilled docs. Associates have gotten classic IBC jurisdictions as well.

As far as business reasons, "I have businesses overseas, I'm establishing myself locally to get a visa" was enough.

If you do even reasonably well on your own account and are prepared to pay taxation on some specific numbers, this country is exceedingly easy as far as Europe goes to get a Visa. All you need is a native speaker to help you navigate the bureaucracy on and off for 3 months. You'd comfortably have change out of a couple of thousand (and you'd probably have a permanent gopher out of it too) if you don't waste your money on agents.
Can you please share the name and country of Bank 3?

Thank you for your feedback @sierra it seems you have been lucky to have found a solution.

Best countries in terms of tax-free regulation are Germany and Singapour; however, in the first case the amount of crypto for sale should not be too big (not more than 600 euros if I am not mistaken). Among others are Hong Kong, New Zealand, Switzerland. As for exchanges, I think main requirements are safety, low fees, fasttransactions, compliance with law. So I can recommend GetEx because, in my opinion, they have a good level of security and their fees are quite low. Let me know what is the best exchange in your opinion.

I have great experience with kraken both to buy, trade and sell. Not sure about tax, I don't care about that with the business account we have there since tax is mandatory to pay for us.

Latest Threads