Our valued sponsor

What's the best trade robot for crypto?

100% of them work.
0% of them make money on the long run.
Nothing different from stocks, commodities and Fx.
No, 0% of them work.

If someone sells you a robot for $99, it's a scam.
If someone sells you a robot for $9999, it's a scam.
They are all unequivocally a scam. Nobody will sell you a robot that actually works for more than a few weeks, months.

Plenty of stocks and ETFs made money in the long run. Global diversified ETFs made money over many decades and survived many crashes.

I think you deserve some sort of award- you're by far the Troll king of this forum, rivaled only by the delusional 369.

Reactions: jjrapy
Bots can work. Some bots do work.

Not the price action/TA bots people tend to think of. And not usually the types of trades or markets that people tend to think of.

There's plenty of boring work to do with bots. You can be the invisible hand and get paid small amounts for it.

Nothing different from stocks, commodities and Fx.
There are long-term quant funds ("bots") that beat the market to a huge degree. Obviously they don't open up their secret sauce but it is possible to get some idea of what makes them different from a typical luck-rider.

Reactions: overnbeyond
No, 0% of them work.

If someone sells you a robot for $99, it's a scam.
If someone sells you a robot for $9999, it's a scam.
They are all unequivocally a scam. Nobody will sell you a robot that actually works for more than a few weeks, months.

Plenty of stocks and ETFs made money in the long run. Global diversified ETFs made money over many decades and survived many crashes.

I think you deserve some sort of award- you're by far the Troll king of this forum, rivaled only by the delusional 369.
“Working” doesn’t mean “making money”.

Technically, an index ETF uses a bot for trading. You can build your own bot to replicate an index.
ki#¤%

Last edited:
find a one that trades using timeless principles eg say a trend trading robot. Trend trading works and has worked over the long period - - will you have losing years - probably- - will you have big years - probably . Don't risk much per trade maybe 1% per trade - - compound the shizz out of it over years
If you want a get rich quick robot - - code one and sell it to others :)

Use tradingview.com for making your own strategy. Make use of available indicators and create your own "strategy" by using indicators and your brain :)
Find a BOT/softwrae which uses your strategy (hook up with tradingview)
I have been using bots, but at the end built my own since every bot was missing something according to my strategy.

Keep it simple and dont do daytrading with timeframes less than 1h - You will loose at the end, market always beat you. Almost.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
Also - consider a portfolio of bots on different instruments or trading different strategies (e.g Trend and mean reversion) - - the idea is to smooth draw-down, not necessarily maximize profit. Your brain will be happier with a constant drip of profits over time rather than a rollacoster of highs and lows.
Think long term - not daily, weekly or monthly - think quarterly and yearly.

Also consider that for some reason bots always miss some trade, and because of Murphy’s laws they are always the best ones. So if you use a long time frame you can easily enter the missed trade manually without big damage as slippage is not relevant.

Some bots work, but only for a few years and if you are able to join during a good run.
But to have a chance to keep going they will always require some fine tuning to adapt. And fine tuning by their programmer always results into some miscalculation so one way or another they end up a mess unless you have managed to find a genius programmer that can keep it going. Essentially the human factor does not go out of the way and therefore you may better follow a fund manager who applies value investing, broadly considered to be based on common sense principles, so you can have an opinion of what is happenning.

or - pick a bot that trades something simple and possibly timeless - a tend trader or a break out trader..
These approaches have been working for decades

You will have a win rate in the 30 to 40% area - your winners will be a lot bigger than your losses - you will probably have losing years ( a portfolio may help smooth out so that no winning years but maybe a scratch year) but the good years will be big especially when markets crash or go on a bull run.
Highly optimized usually means fragile - go with something that is anti fragile

Reactions: I'mRobot
or - pick a bot that trades something simple and possibly timeless - a tend trader or a break out trader..
These approaches have been working for decades
In short: buy when it goes up and sell when it goes down. Not so late to buy at the top and sell at the bottom.
Highly optimized usually means fragile -
It means fit to past data, that is totally useless.
go with something that is anti fragile
You probably mean robust, which is different from anti fragile (ref. NNT)

Hi Johnny
Anti fragile - - robust either term is cool with me
what i am suggesting is obviously no curve fitting of the data and nothing that maybe is based on particular i hate the word gimmick but sort of current edge in the market which is or might be transitory

E,g totally made up but for the point - - say you notice that the USDJPY in the Asian session always seems to have a pull back mid session from a high or low to the mid session point.

So you get an EA coded with a Bollinger band or Keltner band to look for Asian session extremes and trade them back to a midpoint or a pre determined number of pips. You back test this for say 3 years and all good - - but this was a temporary edge/ gimmick of the market now and something changes fundamentally with some aspect of the USA or JPY economy - - that edge will start to fade.

The simpler stuff e.g. your example of the Turtles - a breakout trader - well - that's based on human emotion and as long as humans are trading or coding the robots - - well emotion is always going to be in there. Its not always going to have stellar years but when emotion comes into the market - - its going to pick up on it

That sort of idea.. the portfolio is the idea that different approaches to fundamental aspects of markets can have different entries and exits and say that turtle break out robot - - well most of the time the break out fails or isn't substantial enough to make a profit or its a break even / loss . Well find a complementary robot that smooths out with losses.

And go for the longer term charts/ time frames - - if you want excitement - - Vegas/ Macau are there for a reason