Our valued sponsor

Zebec: New Instant Crypto VISA/MasterCard Launched?

Martin Everson

Offshore Retiree
Jan 2, 2018
Visit site

Anyone already tried this new crypto debit card provider it was launched yesterday it seems?

P.S It just came up in my feed ange¤%&

Reactions: EliasIT and jafo
Thank you!

Interesting! I got connected on Metamask and Solana (testing ones with little money) just to see.
1702134679394.png

Then you can buy the card this way:
1702136586555.png

Your options are this:

1702136617879.png

If you try, like in my case, Monaco or Switzerland, you only get the Visa option. Schengen allows all other options (not doing that :p )

The end result is this:

Monaco Visa Instant Card.png

I can't get a Mastercard unless I use another address ... The Monégasque and Swiss addresses limit me to ONLY a Visa. One would think that Monaco would be wide open. There are no personal income taxes, but reality isn't so. As a matter of fact, for some of you who may not know, Monaco is on the list of high-risk countries as far as Chinese banks are concerned :rolleyes: . Nobody in the banks of China can tell me why...actually, nobody can tell me why...even the so-called "bank experts" in Monaco :rolleyes:

I'll try paying with it today via my Google Pay at a Japanese/sushi restaurant. Wish me luck! ;) (or send bail money smi(&% )

Thanks good feedback. Once I get some crypto I will have a play with it also.

Do they just require a country and name? I think I read on faq page KYC only kicks in for higher limit cards above $2,500?

P.S Is Bahamas listed? :D

• Haha
Reactions: EliasIT and jafo
Do they just require a country and name?
They asked, so I gave them mine.
I think I read on faq page KYC only kicks in for higher limit cards above $2,500?
They didn't ask for ID or utility bill though. I also only purchased a $1000 Visa Prepaid card. Not exactly a "rich" experience smi(&%
P.S Is Bahamas listed? :D
I created another instance on a VM and when I went to look for Bahams, it wasn't there. They have e.g. Angola and Angola gives me all the options, including Mastercard and Visa. Identical to Schengen countries :rolleyes: , meanwhile Monaco and Switzerland are limited to only Visa. Go figure...

Confirm here:

1702142272820.png

They have Azerbaijan and Bangladesh but not the Bahamas. I don't even know what to think anymore ... not like thinking has ever done me any good anyway. smi(&%

• Sad
Reactions: Martin Everson
They have Azerbaijan and Bangladesh but not the Bahamas. I don't even know what to think anymore ... not like thinking has ever done me any good anyway. smi(&%

Well you see what I am up against because of where I live lol. Oh well time to move to Bangladesh or Angola I guess.

hey didn't ask for ID or utility bill though. I also only purchased a $1000 Visa Prepaid card. Not exactly a "rich" experience smi(&%

I think cause their card service is new and too easy gov will eventually slap them on the wrist and force them to do tougher due diligence. Thats just my guess.

Reactions: jafo
I think cause their card service is new and too easy gov will eventually slap them on the wrist and force them to do tougher due diligence. Thats just my guess.
Please don't even think about it!! But you are probably right, unfortunately, it's only a matter of time before there are serious tightenings in KYC for that card.

• Haha

Anyone already tried this new crypto debit card provider it was launched yesterday it seems?

P.S It just came up in my feed ange¤%&
How did you get to know this card? I receive all sort of crypto spam but I missed this one.

Their primitive 2fa is annoying, and overall the whole setup doesn’t seem much trustworthy. Looks like a rug pull project.

The fact that they don’t ship to Bahamas might mean that they are based there.
Anybody knows who they are?

Please don't even think about it!! But you are probably right, unfortunately, it's only a matter of time before there are serious tightenings in KYC for that card.
Until then, I'm taking advantage of it. rof/%

PS. On the "uncertain" platforms, I only use crypto I "obtained" from ATMs (cash) in CH or p2p. No need to invite 1000s of low-IQ gang members with guns & badges to my address. :rolleyes:

How did you get to know this card? I receive all sort of crypto spam but I missed this one.

Their primitive 2fa is annoying, and overall the whole setup doesn’t seem much trustworthy. Looks like a rug pull project.

The fact that they don’t ship to Bahamas might mean that they are based there.
Anybody knows who they are?
They are in San Francisco. ;) (They do NOT allow Venezuela, Russia, Iran etc etc...the usual suspects :rolleyes: )

Here's their LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/zebec-protocol/about/

A few (maybe 4?) VCs invested in them: Venture Round - Zebec - 2022-08-29 - Crunchbase Funding Round Profile

Their employees are here: Sign Up | LinkedIn

Their website has been around and the expiration date is 5 years down the line:

1702226945637.png

You can connect with the creator here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/zebecsam/

or here:

I already connected with one...just to make sure... It's "legit", but STILL do your OWN due diligence (I don't know how many times I have to repeat that I'm an idiot rof/% )

"I" paid my pick-up order from the Japanese restaurant yesterday with NO problems using Google Pay (I never used Google Pay on that particular phone "I" used to pay).

So far, so good.

Important: I get my cryptos from my customers who pay me for the products I procure for them. Before that, I contained my cryptos from ATMs or P2P. So, my OPSEC may or may not be tight, but I'm paying for Japanese food and some drinks... :rolleyes:

PS. This is NOT strange or unusual for American companies to be able to do. I am using several right now and they have NO KYC and I've been using them for a good while.

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: koohl and JosephLL
Looks good... but why need to connect wallet.

Shido is another one set up an account to pay for a early startup costs to have consolidated record keeping before moving it to a bank (proper later)

So far initial payment went missing then a larger payment earlier today still not credited (seeding account for month of operational vendor costs).

Don't really trust these things but also doesn't make sense to go through all the hassle for a startup banking you have these days.

Latest Threads