Our valued sponsor

What investment is making you 10%+ yearly?

Anybody here is investing money and making at least 10% (or more) on the invested capital?

I doubt that is easy on a total return basis. Even if you find high yield bond funds paying a dividend of 11-13% when you look on a total return basis its more like -6% overall :confused:. Maybe some emerging market real estate can yield that much. However 10%+ on a yearly basis and we are not talking average yearly basis then there is not much out there.

S&P 500, 10.26% per year since 1957

That's on a average basis. Unless OP means on an average basis over fixed period of time conf/(%.

Reactions: Jerry1911
That’s the reality of investing.
Have a look at The Johnny Doe IBKR portfolio

Interesting stats.

@Martin Everson The only goodies left in West for investments

Interesting stats.

@Martin Everson The only goodies left in West for investments
Good idea, but the market is too fragmented atm.

• Haha
Reactions: fintel and jafo
Anybody here is investing money and making at least 10% (or more) on the invested capital?
In my dreams! stupi#21

I have to invest my money, do the legwork, do labor-intensive work, do the heavy lifting, deliver physical products to my wholesale clients, oversee the logistics, and then get paid a brutto of max 10% profit of my invested money ... if I am lucky. cry&¤

this sounds sad
It's a complicated business with lots of attention to detail, but I have been doing it for almost 4 decades now. During the first decade, I worked under my "mentor" (RIP).

The "internet snitches on TikTok, IG, etc" have been eroding my profits more and more. In the early 80s, while a college student, profits were sometimes hundreds of percentages (300% - 800%) of the investment. Once the WWW started in the '90s the profits have slowly been decreasing and picked up speed as more and more "influentials" sold courses on dropshipping, online businesses, etc., and everybody started to scam everybody with subpar products, bait-and-switch fraud, or just NOT shipping. ca#"!

I think OPs questions is a weird one. ANY yield number you want is possible, but its situated differently in the risk curve. I have some investments doing expected IRR 3%, some doing 15%, some doing 30% and some doing 50% or whatever. The risks associated with them are obviously on the spectrum.

Just like asking "when will we get there if we drive at this speed" is pointless if you don't know what is the destination.