Our valued sponsor

Question Advise on EUR withdrawals

Moora

Feb 13, 2022
Romania
Visit site
Hello,

I've been using OSCT forum as a ghost reader for a long time and here I am sending my first post, love to be part of this awesome community !

I'm originally from Iran and also having EU citizenship and using crypto, usually stablecoins as a cheap and fast method to transfer my own funds from Iran to EU
I have fully KYC verified accounts in Kraken and using Wise as my main bank account, already done couple of withdrawals to Wise during almost 1 year which sum is 50K and is mostly spent or transferred to my local bank account
I am also using Wise VISA card for my routine expenses, rental fees, groceries, food, travels, etc and almost everything which maybe helping my account to look like legitimate to them

However I need to transfer 6 figures 100 up to 200K from Iran to buy some properties in the EU, I can split transfers in smaller parts but I worry if the threshold would be triggered and Wise compliance department will be asking for source of my funds, which I am note sure if they will be accepting my case
However all accounts such as Iranian local bank, Iranian exchange, European Exchange/Bank account are under my own name and I can send proofs about all my crypto purchases as well

I was wondering to give a heads up to Wise about my activity and trying to send some translated and certified documents about the source of my funds in Iran

I also have other options like using multiple EMI's instead of one such as Bankera, Simplex, AdvCash, etc or trying Crypto-friendly banks such as Fidor AG, Bank Frick, etc as suggested by Kraken

Based on your experiences what do you think about my case and what would you suggest me to do ?

anyway took too long as my first thread but any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

PS: Not to mention that I also have wire bank transfer option using some kind of EU regulated exchanges but will be costing more fees and needs some more paperworks to get certified as well

PS2: was not sure about the category, mods please simply move my thread to other categories if needed

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
The big question is if the receiver of the money (from whom you buy the property) will accept your source of fund.
Since the money is transferred from Iran (by any route) they might reject the money and cancel the purchase.

In which country do you plan to buy the property?
Are you also resident of an EU country?

If the funds are legit, why not send to kraken (etc) then to your bank directly (not wise, emi etc).

BTW Kraken is a NY registered financial institution (Exchange) with funds coming from Iran, you can get in heaps of s**t in the US under the DOJ (which is looking for low hanging fruit) and likes handing out basically life sentences...

Highly recommend speaking to a lawyer In the country you reside in and the US reference past transactions using USDT/USDC and Kraken (or any US Exchange) and/or corresponding financial institution... Before digging a bigger hole.

Latest Threads