Our valued sponsor

Any locales left for future-proofed public record privacy?

8af3

Aug 16, 2022
UK
Visit site
Hi,

I live in the UK. I'm trying to start a crypto day trading firm, but don't want to release my accounts or directorship of the company into the public record. This is mainly just for personal privacy and avoiding people working out my overall trading strategies/replicating them.

I'm not trying to conceal anything from the UK government and I'll pay normal taxes here on my income, so it's fine if there's some non-public reporting back to the UK.

I read however that many classic privacy jurisdictions are passing public records laws now, so what's the current best way to proceed on this? Ideally I'd like things to be future proofed in the sense that minimal docs go out to the local government, in case they decide later to make their records public.

I don't think I'll necessarily need a bank account since I can operate entirely in crypto: buy crypto via my personal exchange account, sell it to the company at fair market value (for previously invested cash or director's loan), use that for trading, and pay myself a salary in crypto from the profits. I think KYC-oriented exchanges would balk at a privacy-oriented company registration anyway, so the bank account is kinda useless.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Latest Threads