Our valued sponsor

testuser2

Jan 14, 2023
World
Visit site
Need a private bank account (current or checking account) in a reputable country with trusted bank.
My requirements:

me residing and citizen of south asian country and bank doesn't support crypto to bank transfers no matter how legally you earned and don't have any bank account right now even in my country.
a. Account should be open remotely in no less than a week.
b. For KYC: can provide ID and POA only.
c. Funds will come from crypto exchange using swift or sepa (kraken).
( assets are legally earned by trading but long history, can't provide statement)
d. Can meet with minimum deposit requirements. (upto $100000)
e. Should provide debit or prepaid card and deliver to South Asian country.
f. Account should be operable online, shouldn't be an EMI. Must be a full, licensed bank from any country.
Suggest me any bank that can meet my requirements or an agent who can do this for me. If an agent can help, will give your required fee (in crypto).
You may suggest me to get residency in other countries, but I can't do this now.
I searched for Dukascopy, Seba, Xapo and found they will not accept me.

Reactions: jafo
It depends on where in SEA you live. Unfortunately, country-by-country discrimination is still very common.

Be prepared to have to go back in time and document the origin of your crypto to the best of your ability, as far back as possible. If you can't do that, your options are probably going to be zero.

Citibank, UOB or DBS in Singapore (100-250,000 USD required).

OCBC Wing Hang, DBS, Dah Sing, Citibank, Standard Chartered, and CMB Wing Lung in Hong Kong (around 1-2 million HKD or equivalent required).

Crypto can be especially difficult in Hong Kong and Singapore, so make sure you're clear about it right away.

Barclays and Lloyds international (Isle of Man, Gibraltar, Jersey, Guernsey), around 100-250,000 GBP or equivalent.

Swissquote in Switzerland (no minimum).

I have seen BIL and Banque de Luxembourg (both in Luxembourg) accept applicants for 100,000 EUR but it might be difficult if you have no ties to EU/Luxembourg or prospect to get closer to 500,000–1 million.

It depends on where in SEA you live. Unfortunately, country-by-country discrimination is still very common.

Be prepared to have to go back in time and document the origin of your crypto to the best of your ability, as far back as possible. If you can't do that, your options are probably going to be zero.

Citibank, UOB or DBS in Singapore (100-250,000 USD required).

OCBC Wing Hang, DBS, Dah Sing, Citibank, Standard Chartered, and CMB Wing Lung in Hong Kong (around 1-2 million HKD or equivalent required).

Crypto can be especially difficult in Hong Kong and Singapore, so make sure you're clear about it right away.

Barclays and Lloyds international (Isle of Man, Gibraltar, Jersey, Guernsey), around 100-250,000 GBP or equivalent.

Swissquote in Switzerland (no minimum).

I have seen BIL and Banque de Luxembourg (both in Luxembourg) accept applicants for 100,000 EUR but it might be difficult if you have no ties to EU/Luxembourg or prospect to get closer to 500,000–1 million.
What about Sygnum AG? they claim a digital assets bank very slow process and only HNW person allowed with a deposit of 1000000 chf. Unfortunately none of your mentioned bank from EU will accept me. Better to look for Asian banks.

What about Sygnum AG? they claim a digital assets bank very slow process and only HNW person allowed with a deposit of 1000000 chf.
With your requirements no chance, unfortunately.

Generally, I am afraid that if all your requirements sub a-f are put together, your chances are practically zero. Sorry. (Account should be open remotely in no less than a week, crypto with no proofs, deposit only up to $100000, a full, licensed bank. Practically undoable nowadays, IMO.)
You might have a chance with some EMI. Although the a) requirement is really a strong constraint, just technically. (DO NOT believe any marketing headwords claiming having a working account in minutes. It is not working so. Now.)

What about Sygnum AG? they claim a digital assets bank very slow process and only HNW person allowed with a deposit of 1000000 chf.
You can try but I didn't list it because the minimum deposit is so high. If you can go to 1–10 million CHF/equivalent, you have a few more options.

Unfortunately none of your mentioned bank from EU will accept me. Better to look for Asian banks.
Have you considered establishing a new residence?

You might have a chance with some EMI. Although the a) requirement is really a strong constraint, just technically. (DO NOT believe any marketing headwords claiming having a working account in minutes. It is not working so. Now.)
An EMI could work but I'd be worried about the high chance that the account would be limited to EUR and SEPA only, and many EMIs with high enough risk appetite doesn't issue cards. So it wouldn't be very practical in reality. Most EMIs rely on financial institutions like Currency Cloud for other currencies and for SWIFT, and they generally aren't very tolerant of crypto (because their correspondent banks aren't).

Hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread, but what if we changed up some of the requirements? Granted b, c, e, and f, would that be any options open to fellow SEA residents?

That is to say, if one can provide ID and POA, funds will come from crypto exchanges but no SOF/detailed statements, require a debit/prepaid card, are there any licensed bank available? Deposits of up to 1-3M USD being possible. Thank you!

Need a private bank account (current or checking account) in a reputable country with trusted bank.
My requirements:

me residing and citizen of south asian country and bank doesn't support crypto to bank transfers no matter how legally you earned and don't have any bank account right now even in my country.
a. Account should be open remotely in no less than a week.
b. For KYC: can provide ID and POA only.
c. Funds will come from crypto exchange using swift or sepa (kraken).
( assets are legally earned by trading but long history, can't provide statement)
d. Can meet with minimum deposit requirements. (upto $100000)
e. Should provide debit or prepaid card and deliver to South Asian country.
f. Account should be operable online, shouldn't be an EMI. Must be a full, licensed bank from any country.
Suggest me any bank that can meet my requirements or an agent who can do this for me. If an agent can help, will give your required fee (in crypto).
You may suggest me to get residency in other countries, but I can't do this now.
I searched for Dukascopy, Seba, Xapo and found they will not accept me.
Have you tried this? Mentor Group Gold - AD Thread! - Fully remote account opening for companies in Jusan Bank (Kazakhstan)

Latest Threads